Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get out of PE permanently!

Options
  • 07-11-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi!:) I am 15 and in fifth year in a VEC mixed school. I hate PE with a passion :mad:I hated it from first year. I have it on a Thursday after lunch and would love to excused. I am not fat or lazy. I just detest it, and if didn't have to do it i would be 100% happy at school.
    in 1st year i done it an odd time and absolutely hated it.
    2nd Year. I had it on a Wednesday and just did not ever go in for it like every Wednesday i would go in late.
    in 3rd year i done it about 5 times tops.
    now in this year so far before Halloween i did not do it yet. i either forged a note or accepted the punishment (writing out a sheet during PE.) :confused: i would like t be excused. any ideas? my PE class has about 60 people. allot do it. there is people who hate it, don't do it, or have a "doctors note". which i would like to get. how do you get one, what do u say? there is a boy that has a note. but he looks 100% health and fit and a girl who has 'panic attacks'.

So how could i leave the class?
    Also, do you have to do PE in sixth year?
    Please HELP ME:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Say you're on your period. It works twice as well if you're a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

suck it up. bit of exercise is good for the brain. why shud you not have to do it when everyone else has to?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What you have done there is effectively destroying all your chances of ever being believed if you do get a letter from a doctor. If a person who turned up for less than 10 PE classes in 4 years and suddenly brings in a doctor's note, it's a far cry from believable

Besides, how are you going to get a doctor's note without a condition? You won't

It's part of the curriculum, everyone has to do it and you're no exception. Just suck it up and do it. I hate it too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Agree with above poster. There's nothing wrong with PE, it's fun. Just grow a pair and do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Say you're a pregnant giraffe. (Get's you out of PE for 14 months TOP.) I use it all the time. I'm also a guy so I get weird looks of my teacher :cool:

Or else say you can't do EP cause you're dyslexic. (I found that on google. I feel horrible that I laughed :confused:)

Period excuse is a good one. If your teacher questions you having it every week, accuse of them of being all up in your 'bidness'. If you're a guy and they say guys can't get periods, tell them they're being sexist.

Diarrhea is a brilliant one. No one wants to know about it. But you can't be running around with that. Could probably stick IBS in with that.

If you wet yourself during PE, you could pretend you've been emotionally scarred and can never do PE again.

Or say you have lice and you're afraid you may pass it on to everyone else.

Maybe, tell the teacher you're in love with them and that being in their class is too hard for you, unless you can be with them. They get freaked out and you get left out ;)

Yeah, that's all I got. Like I said Pregnant giraffe works best for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Get a note from your parents. Teacher/Principal can't do anything.

Teacher's perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Maybe, tell the teacher you're in love with them and that being in their class is too hard for you, unless you can be with them.

works twice as well if you're a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Slow down tubby, you're not on the moon yet!:pac:

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Diarrhea is a brilliant one. No one wants to know about it. But you can't be running around with that. Could probably stick IBS in with that.
    Every week? :pac:
    "I can't do PE cos I inheritted chronic diarrhea from my father. It runs in my jeens" ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

80s Child wrote: »
    Get a note from your parents. Teacher/Principal can't do anything.

Teacher's perspective

Except ask that the OP's parents supervise him/her while not in the class. The parents could also be asked for insurance cover while the OP is not doing as he/she is timetabled to do.

Why should the teacher have to watch the class and the OP?

His/her parents would be sending a very bad message if they let him/her bazz off from classes they just don't feel like doing.

OP take a run up to any children's hospital and see some people who would love to do PE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I don't have to do PE.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

I don't have to do PE.

Me too. We haven't had any PE classes since TY, i kind of miss getting whacked on the head by a dodgeball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Break a leg. I mean literally! That'll put you on crutches and the teacher can't force you to do PE or break two and put yourself into a wheelchair...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ImRebecca

I don't have PE :( I wish I did..

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Apocladagr0

Aim for at least 30 min. of intense physical activity everyday, 'cept Sunday (stress of that).
    You will notice that PE becomes laughably easy - similar to the way walking is for you now.

Also, it would be dreadfully unjust to all other Leaving Cert. students who are spending a fair amount of time participating in PE classes every week instead of studying.

I have 40 minutes of PE and 80 minutes of games a week. I also do one hour of sport after school three times during the week, and on Saturday mornings for about three hours.

Even if you don't enjoy it - admittedly some activities suck - think of it as a beneficial chore: "an unpleasant but necessary task". You will benefit from it in the long run. You will not from wasting that time doing nothing constructive. The less you go the worse it is when you finally are forced to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

just say to the principal that you do want to do it. Is there a study class on the same time or other classes you could go in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1.9.9.7 wrote: »
    I hate PE with a passion
    Why is this?

For me it we being picked last (or nearly last) all the time.

I'm now 101kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I hear ya OP, I hated PE in school as well.

And i'm a fairly sporty person, was on county minor in football and hurling and played top division soccer in my county. Since I moved to Dublin I still run 3-4 times a week and gym it a few times. But I say between 5th and 6th year I done PE maybe 6 times!!

Just forged a few notes here and there, tog out for PE once every now and again and "pull a hamstring/calf/groin" after 30 secs, that's good for 4 weeks free from PE...

Don't know how I got away with it so much really, PE teacher definitely copped it but never said anything, I don't think they really care if you do it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Say your hamster's depressed and to leave him alone at this time would not be the wisest thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Stop being a little baby and just do it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

To correct the OP, you are clearly lazy. Everyone else has to do it so stop being a pretentious irritant and just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Stop being lazy and suck it up. Doesn't matter if you hate sports and you do soccer each week. Do you really think that you're that superior to everyone else that shouldn't have to do it?

0000879k wrote: »
    Stop being lazy and suck it up. Doesn't matter if you hate sports and you do soccer each week. Do you really think that you're that superior to everyone else that shouldn't have to do it?

I do believe the schools that make students play soccer each week in PE is disappointing, it contributes to attitudes like this, which I wouldn't blame. Not everybody likes football, and I personally would've skipped PE a lot in first year because it was just soccer everyday and half my class despised it. Thankfully my school figured it out and bought more equipment for a variety of sports in second year which kept it interesting because we'd be playing different sports every week like basketball, badminton, handball, gaelic football etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

If its a mixed school, Just keep walking into the girls or boys changing room, which ever you are go into the opposite.

Wont be long before your banned from PE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I do believe the schools that make students play soccer each week in PE is disappointing, it contributes to attitudes like this, which I wouldn't blame. Not everybody likes football, and I personally would've skipped PE a lot in first year because it was just soccer everyday and half my class despised it. Thankfully my school figured it out and bought more equipment for a variety of sports in second year which kept it interesting because we'd be playing different sports every week like basketball, badminton, handball, gaelic football etc.

Do you not follow a set curriculum for P.E.? My teacher follows, we did invasion games in the first half of the term and now we're doing fitness testing this half. For invasion games, it's football, rugby, basketball and dodgeball. Lot's of dodgeball :pac:
    This half, we go up to the gym, do the mile challenge, bleep test and intense fitness training

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

What is it that ye do in pe? I know in my old pe class we always used to play soccor/football (which i hated). I just got on with it for the first 3 years of school. i am a sporty person but i just hate ball sports.

In 5th year i just said that football wasn't my thing so my self a cuple of other lads just took a basketball and shot hoops at one end of the field (got on well with teachers so there was no objection).

If you are in a position where all ye do in PE is play 1-2 sports then i believe you are justified in not wanting to do it. I would say to your teacher/principal that you don't believe that pe is being taught properly and that anyone that likes playing football already plays it outside school. PE should be about getting people that dont play sports outside school involved which means introducing them to other sports such as bagmintin/running/basketball/dougeball/whatever.

If your school does have a good pe teacher and ye do a wide range of sports that i think you should be doing it. It is good for you. You just need to change your attutued and learn to enjoy it.

my 2c

Advertisement