Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural Spring in Wicklow

• 07-11-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of the existence of an accessible natural spring in Co. Wicklow? Or even within a hour or so drive from Bray or Greystones? Any help with this would be much appreciated. I know there is at least one accessible well at Tara, but I'm hoping there might be something a little closer to Bray, where I live, that doesn't involve 6 euros worth of toll gates!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Why all the sudden interest in springs ..... ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056789383

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 yermin

a fantastic link! thanks. I had searched for mention of natural springs on boards but I didn't find what I needed. At least a few leads to follow now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Lovely one in annamoe, just on the roadside,on the roundwood side of the village

Ive often filled a bottle there and it is beautiful crisp water. Dont know of its purity, but it hasnt killed me yet, and i still see a lot of people filling containers there(popularity being no guarantee of quality)

That's not too far off. Do you know if it's safe to drink?

Lovely one in annamoe, just on the roadside,on the roundwood side of the village

Ive often filled a bottle there and it is beautiful crisp water. Dont know of its purity, but it hasnt killed me yet, and i still see a lot of people filling containers there(popularity being no guarantee of quality)
    See my post here on this one ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81423339&postcount=16

If you fancy drinking 'faecal matter' that's up to you.

• Advertisement

So that notice was posted today? I don't think I could drink from that spring without
    having it tested myself or being assured by someone who has. What a pity. I wonder
    where that faecal matter is coming from? Humans or Animals?

yermin wrote: »
    So that notice was posted today? I don't think I could drink from that spring without having it tested myself or being assured by someone who has. What a pity. I wonder where that faecal matter is coming from? Humans or Animals?
    I think that article is quite old, but it's the only online reference I could find. I don't remember the last time I saw a sign up there, but I'd drive by there usually once a week and I've noticed in the past it would appear for a while and then get taken down again by persons unknown. There is, I suppose, a chance that the situation has been resolved in the meantime, or then again maybe Wicklow CC have just given up, or just don't have the resources to test it repeatedly, I don't know, but if there was faecal matter found in it once then there's a chance it could be in there again and I personally wouldn't risk it.

Here's a Google Streetview link to the location (taken in October 2009). You can see the back of the sign, which looks to have been twisted around, but there's no view of the front of it unfortunately.

http://goo.gl/maps/Zy0hO

Advertisement