Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual fuel

Options
  • 07-11-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Could you explain how the dual fuel discounts work and is the percentage savings calculated v Ei standard rates or other competitors.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Unitedcheer,

With the Dual Fuel package, the customer is entitled to a 4% discount on each fuel for direct debit, 2% discount on each fuel for online billing, and there is a further 3% discount that the customer can have applied to whichever fuel they prefer (note: this cannot be changed to the other fuel down the line).
    The discount percentages are applied to overall units (Electric Ireland unit rate) used.

Do let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Unitedcheer

Hi Unitedcheer,

With the Dual Fuel package, the customer is entitled to a 4% discount on each fuel for direct debit, 2% discount on each fuel for online billing, and there is a further 3% discount that the customer can have applied to whichever fuel they prefer (note: this cannot be changed to the other fuel down the line).
    The discount percentages are applied to overall units (Electric Ireland unit rate) used.

Regards,
    Una

Thanks una
    I maybe a bit slow but finding it hard to follow so its a 10 percent discount on both fuels and a futher 3% on one of them total saving 13% v my current provider my bill is 260 every 2 months so that's approx 28 euro on my bill

Hi Unitedcheer,

Regards,
    Una

Thanks una
    I maybe a bit slow but finding it hard to follow so its a 10 percent discount on both fuels and a futher 3% on one of them total saving 13% v my current provider my bill is 260 every 2 months so that's approx 28 euro saved on my bill is it fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Unitedcheer,

No problem. :)

For behavioural discounts (as in, discounts for agreeing to certain systems) it is actually a maximum of 6% discount on each fuel individually (4 for direct debit which is mandatory, 2 for online billing which is optional).
    Then another 3% discount (for choosing Dual Fuel) which is applied to one fuel (whichever one the customer prefers).
    And for a new customer making the switch to Electric Ireland, there is a further 5% discount for one fuel, which is again applicable to whichever fuel the customer prefers.
    The discounts apply to total units used - standing charge and PSO levy are not included.

I also have to let you know that this is a contract, which expires on 31st December 2013. Should a customer leave for another supplier before that date, there is an exit fee of €50.

Regards,
    Una

Ok that's clearer how do you work out those discounts is that v all competetors rates or your standard pricing how much am I lilkey to save by moving from bord Gais -- do you actually work out comparisons agasint other peoles rates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Unitedcheer,

Our Dual ValueSaver can yield up to €192 in savings - this is calculated against our standard electricity and gas rates, rather than those of our competitors. For more information, click here and select 'more details' beneath the price plan which interests you.

If you need to compare the rates between suppliers and how much you may save by switching, Bonkers.ie is a highly recommended and impartial resource.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

Advertisement