Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spread the Cost Accounts

Options
  • 07-11-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi All,

As Christmas is approaching & funds are tight I was wondering if anyone knew of any online retailers offering the above facility other than littlewoods??

All suggestions would be much appreciated

Candy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Littlewoods offer credit accounts, but they charge 39.9% interest which is a crazy amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

And that's on top of their outrageous prices!!

I was looking at a toy on littlewoods last week priced at 42 euro and I went into the Banba Toymaster and picked it up for 10 euro!! Big difference

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

candy19 wrote: »
    Hi All,

As Christmas is approaching & funds are tight I was wondering if anyone knew of any online retailers offering the above facility other than littlewoods??

All suggestions would be much appreciated

Candy

I would stay away from online retailers that offer credit facilities. If its toys go to your local toy store ask them to put away what you buy and pay off week by week, if its food and drink, start doing some of your christmas shopping now bit by bit. You won't notice your funds take too much of a hit and it wont be long before your shopping builds up.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

I know it's not the wisest of idea's but I'm not getting much saved atm that's why I'm asking!

Any other recommendations anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I don't have recommendations for credit accounts, but I do have another suggestion.

Instead of saving money each week, why not buy one or two presents each week? Or some Xmas food.

Honestly buying presents on credit when you are strapped for cash is a crazy idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Its probably not what u want to hear but seriously stay away from these types of traders. You still have 6 weeks to try and budget and buy presents by the week . 40 % apr Jesus one step from the moneysharks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

omh, thats a disgrace for littlewoods.

OP - would you not get a loan (if of course you really need it) from your local credit union - their interest rate is under 10 percent.

I think tho, if you are finding it hard money wise, you should not get a loan at all. Just buy one small thing each week from now until Christmas, either food, treats or put a deposit on a toy if you have small kids.

Christmas can be wonderful without all the money and hype. A small treat once a day is as good and more appreciative than a big treat five times a day.

Advertisement