Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best places in Dublin to watch European football

• 07-11-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

Wondering are there any pubs in Dublin these days that show a few European games at the same time on busy nights?

Years ago, Frazers (now Murrays) at the top of O'Connell St used to pack them in on Sunday nights and busy Champions League nights, but is there anywhere comparable these days?

Main immediate reason being I have an Italian asking me if there is anywhere to watch the Inter game tomorrow night, tempted to just say no, unfortunately with the English teams playing it's unlikely to be on in many places :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Woolshed on Parnell street will show it I'd say

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The woolshed is great for European football. There will be plenty of Italian Inter fans there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sound, cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Richmond Park, Inchicore, Dublin 8.

There's a team called St. Patricks Athletic there that dish out hidings to teams from literally the furthest corners of Europe (Kazakhstan anybody?). European
    nights in our city can be brilliant though, you should take a friend along sometime and check it out. You'll have a great time I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A barstool

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Richmond Park, Inchicore, Dublin 8.

There's a team called St. Patricks Athletic there that dish out hidings to teams from literally the furthest corners of Europe (Kazakhstan anybody?). European
    nights in our city can be brilliant though, you should take a friend along sometime and check it out. You'll have a great time I think.

As an LOI nerd myself I have been at plenty such nights, favourite recent memory from the stadium of mud though would have to be the 2008 cup semi final replay, yes that's CUP :)

325057.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Murrays,
    Top of O'Connell St just before Parnell St.

Was there last night, packed full of fans for celtic, juventus, bayern, chelsea and Barca.
    They had every match on. Barca Celtic on 1 huge projector screen, and Bayern on the other huge one.
    The rest were on 32inchs

Always full on Sat/Sun nights too for La Liga

That's where I was thinking alright, I thought they had calmed down in recent years and it wasn't like that anymore, sounds like it's still the business for the foreigners who want to watch their team though

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It is a good place, the Living Room/Fibbers/Murray's for sports. My go-to place if I'm wanting to engage in some barstoolery

The Living Room is a different boozer entirely is it not? Not a great place for a game IMO. Murrays, while also being a kip at least has the charm of plenty of fanatic Spanish/Italians etc watching their teams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bateman wrote: »
    The Living Room is a different boozer entirely is it not? Not a great place for a game IMO. Murrays, while also being a kip at least has the charm of plenty of fanatic Spanish/Italians etc watching their teams

have you ever been into the garden of any of the three pubs?

Out the back?

I watched the WC Final, various CL finals and Euro finals in there, it's the same place, pretty much.

They MAY keep the animals form Murray's separated, but not very well.

there does be huge queues outside The Living room for the big games, I usually just walk into Fibbers, grab a jug of Mad Dog lager, then ramble on out to the beer garden, laughing at the people on Cathal Brugha Street still waiting.

cheers, makes sense now

Yeah, "The Living Room" "Murrays" and "Fibbers" share their back with the Huge Screen.
    They MAY keep the animals form Murray's separated, but not very well.
    The animals are from Fibbers, Murrays is fine :). GREAT place to go for El Classico

It was/is the pub for the Barcelona Supporters club in Ireland.
    At the business end of the Champions League it's a 5er in, but you get a free drink with that I think
    (The reason the doorman told me - was to make the Spanish pay something, else they'd all just bum in, watch the match and go home without gettin a drink :P )

The upstairs part of Murrays only opened yesterday at 7pm, for Champions League night, so ye can plan it around that, get there and get a decent spot in front of the screen your team will be on :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Anywhere but Tallaght Stadium anyway :cool:

The Barcelona Supporters Club in Ireland. *shiver*
    They'd need to have a sick bucket

Bateman wrote: »
    The Barcelona Supporters Club in Ireland. *shiver*
    They'd need to have a sick bucket

I don't get the above comment. Because we lost to Celtic or what?
    The club itself are great, members meet up and have a good laugh. They are also an "official" penya, so can sort out tickets.
    Some members got tickets for last weeks game in Celtic Park through them.
    I've got tickets to the Emirates to see them when we lost to Arsenal and had tickets through them last year for the Spanish Cup Final.

Advertisement