Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any nice steak resturants in Dublin City.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Actually Steak on a Stone is fantastic. The Queens in Dalkey do an excellent one, they do a €17 early bird on weekdays

Best one I ever had though was in Mastersons in Swords. Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rustic Stone. They give you a hot stone slab that you can cook to your liking!
    Good but by God is it noisy in there.
    Zascar wrote: »
    Best one I ever had though was in Mastersons in Swords. Amazing
    Can be a bit hit and miss IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Rustic Stone. They give you a hot stone slab that you can cook to your liking!

Sounds like just another passing fad to me. I expect chef to cook the steak to my liking.

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    I expect chef to cook the steak to my liking.
    Totally agree. I can't understand the appeal of going out and then doing the cooking! Or those who choose restaurants where they can watch their food being cooked.

...and the worst of all - those pretentious chefs who come out to the table to see how the food is and hoping to have their egos rubbed up. I'm always tempted to tell them to feck off back into the kitchen where they belong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Totally agree. I can't understand the appeal of going out and then doing the cooking! Or those who choose restaurants where they can watch their food being cooked.

...and the worst of all - those pretentious chefs who come out to the table to see how the food is and hoping to have their egos rubbed up. I'm always tempted to tell them to feck off back into the kitchen where they belong!

There's another threat going at the moment bemoaning the loss of customer service in Ireland. You really can't please everyone.

I don't see the chef personally checking that your food is good as egotistical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Another +1 for Darwins. The rib eye on the bone is delicious.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

shanahans on the green best steak in Dublin.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    shanahans on the green best steak in Dublin.
    Indeed,that's probably not in dispute - but not within an ass's roar of the OP's budget!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Indeed,that's probably not in dispute - but not within an ass's roar of the OP's budget!

Sorry did not see the budget my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

OP, check out JD's Steakhouse in Terenure. They do a facebook deal (check out their facebook page) and it's €20 for 3 courses, it actually feels like you're robbing them! I think it's might be midweek only though, sorry, can't access facebook where I am now!
    But 3 courses are anything from the normal menu and includes everything, even the fillet.
    http://jdssteakhouse.com/
    Probably because there is little appeal to eating beef originating from an area where the use of growth promoters is widespread, controls inadequate and tracability non-existant.
    Always wondered why the advertise places as argentinian steak houses! Famous for their angel dust enhanced meat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement