Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Vita Worth it

Options
  • 07-11-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I have a PSP and love it,hate turning the telly off to play the playstation and hate having to be only parked in front of it to have a game,nothing like sitting by a nice river bank playing a bitta Fifa haha. But any way just wondering if the Vita is worth the bucks?? I have seen most shops have them for 200 PLUS and not sure if there will be a big jump in standards for the price. If anyone is a big PSP fan and has got a Vita did ya get bang for your buck? And also whats the best price anyone has seen for one. Cheers Compadres.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

My advice is have a look at the games library for it, both already released and announced. If there is more than a handful of games you are interested in, then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

Personally, I really like the Vita. Sure, it doesn't have the biggest selection of games at the moment. But it'll pick up after christmas this year. The graphics are stunning. A huge difference to the PSP. One of the big downsides however is that the memory cards are REALLY expensive. If you're planning on storing music, movies and games onto it, you'll need the highest memory, which is 32GB I think, or the 16GB one at least. Otherwise, if you just want to save games and store photos and music, you'll just need the basic 4GB memory card. If you're not too keen on paying the full price for one, I'd recommend checking out adverts.ie and Donedeal as I've seen people sell them for good prices with games and everything. At the moment, there are some great games for the Vita, such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Mortal Kombat, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Unit 13, Resistance: Burning Skies, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation and, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (which is out next week). Those would be some of the best games out for it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

Personally, I really like the Vita. Sure, it doesn't have the biggest selection of games at the moment. But it'll pick up after christmas this year. The graphics are stunning. A huge difference to the PSP. One of the big downsides however is that the memory cards are REALLY expensive. If you're planning on storing music, movies and games onto it, you'll need the highest memory, which is 32GB I think, or the 16GB one at least. Otherwise, if you just want to save games and store photos and music, you'll just need the basic 4GB memory card. If you're not too keen on paying the full price for one, I'd recommend checking out adverts.ie and Donedeal as I've seen people sell them for good prices with games and everything. At the moment, there are some great games for the Vita, such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Mortal Kombat, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Unit 13, Resistance: Burning Skies, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation and, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (which is out next week). Those would be some of the best games out for it at the moment.

Cheers pal,im thinking of getting a second hand one for myself for Christmas,I love the PSP so I reckon this is ideal for me. I just hate sitting infront of a telly playing games all the time,and I am more likely to take out the PSP and have a few games with telly on in the back round or as I said before when im out and about in waiting rooms or traffic. Is FIFA out on Vita yet? Thats the main game id play and prob a few fighting ones and that so large amount of games aint really an issue.

Cheers pal,im thinking of getting a second hand one for myself for Christmas,I love the PSP so I reckon this is ideal for me. I just hate sitting infront of a telly playing games all the time,and I am more likely to take out the PSP and have a few games with telly on in the back round or as I said before when im out and about in waiting rooms or traffic. Is FIFA out on Vita yet? Thats the main game id play and prob a few fighting ones and that so large amount of games aint really an issue.

Yes, both FIFA 13 and FIFA Football (FIFA 12) are out on the Vita. The best fighting games at the moment are Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter X Tekken and Blazblue along with some old PSONE fighting games on the playstation store like Tekken.

Yes, both FIFA 13 and FIFA Football (FIFA 12) are out on the Vita. The best fighting games at the moment are Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter X Tekken and Blazblue along with some old PSONE fighting games on the playstation store like Tekken.

Thats class if I had FIFA,one or two fighting games and id be sorted,maybe a war game or two as well mighe be good. Do they have and COD or UFC titles do ya know? If anyone sees any good second hand offers post them up thanks. :)

• Advertisement

Thats class if I had FIFA,one or two fighting games and id be sorted,maybe a war game or two as well mighe be good. Do they have and COD or UFC titles do ya know? If anyone sees any good second hand offers post them up thanks. :)

Yes, COD Black Ops Declassified is out in a few days for the Vita. And there is a game that's very like UFC called MMA Supremacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Personally I do think it's worth it, despite a few games that haven't lived up to the billing. I use it a lot for travelling etc.

Can't wait for persona 4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

With the latest announcement that PS+ will be available on Vita next week it's definetely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

I've been itching to buy this since I heard about it (gadget freak!) but glad I held off when I see the lack of games and more worrying the lack of things to come. I would buy one in a heartbeat if it had a decent back catalog of PS2 games at a decent price to buy online. Even €10 a pop for some of the vast library would be epic and surely a system seller. I loved the PSP and was eagerly waiting its successor.

I have had almost every console under the sun bar this for the last 15 years. I have tons of gadgets and hardware wise, the vita really impresses me. BUT the proprietary memory card and shoddy ports annoy me considering the relatively high price for what you are buying into.

I'll eventually succumb I'd imagine but not this side of xmas :pac:

Whats PS+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Whats PS+

Sony's version of XBox Live Gold, though online gaming is still free to everyone. Instead, PS+ subscribers get free games in the Instant Game Collection [Crysis 2, Red Dead Redemption etc.] discounts on PSN purchases, access to betas and early access to PSN content.

You can set your PS3 [and soon Vita] to automagically download game and system updates. You also have 1GB of cloud space for game saves [plus a separate 1GB for Vita saves]

If you have a PS3 and are thinking of getting a Vita, it's a no-brainer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

There was a recent article on wireds gamelife that showed that Fifa 13 and Fifa12 are exactly the same game on the vita just with an updated roster and kit colours.

sarumite wrote: »
    There was a recent article on wireds gamelife that showed that Fifa 13 and Fifa12 are exactly the same game on the vita just with an updated roster and kit colours.

One reason why I never buy football games :L

Advertisement