Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callan Supa Valu - spices

Options
  • 07-11-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭

There's a minor internal shifting of shelves going on and the Schwartz spice rack has been moved from the end of the cheese aisle to the middle of the store. Somebody has decided to drop the refill packs, which is a nuisance as they were quite handy. I have most of the bottled spices I want and see no need to buy new bottles and pay extra for that, so the refills are actually useful and cheaper.
    This just means that I'll make a point of getting spices in Kilkenny now - so thanks SV.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

Ahhhh was wondering why I heard the manager talking about Spicing things up the other day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Biggest complaint I've heard about the moving they've done is they got rid of the handy shortcuts across isles, this means you now have to go to the very end of an isle to go to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yep, they did that before in there and it really put me off going in. They'll find out again it wasn't a good idea the first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm struggling with this thread. :D

Did you ask them to begin stocking the refills again? Did you register your dissatisfaction with the aisle layout to the manager. They won't know until too late if you vote with your feet. I always found them very obliging in there and eager to please to the customer.

Did you ask them to begin stocking the refills again? Did you register your dissatisfaction with the aisle layout to the manager. They won't know until too late if you vote with your feet. I always found them very obliging in there and eager to please to the customer.
    I mentioned it to a staff member at the time, and invited her to pass it upwards, as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

Yeah have to admit the mannors in the shop and service is top notch,always eager to help and say thank you when your leaving which is rare these days to be thanked for your custom,also the top man down there does be out helping people put stuff in the car and very hands on,fair play to him again rare to see these days. If only their prices where in line with Lidl id give them my custom for more then a handfull of things a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yeah have to admit the mannors in the shop and service is top notch,always eager to help and say thank you when your leaving which is rare these days to be thanked for your custom,also the top man down there does be out helping people put stuff in the car and very hands on,fair play to him again rare to see these days. If only their prices where in line with Lidl id give them my custom for more then a handfull of things a week.

There is the rub of the matter. If they charged Lidl and Aldi prices then they'd have to cut back on the personal service.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Was in there this morning.(Sunday). All I can say is Super Value in Callan is the best advertisement that Aldi can get,and they don't even have to pay for it. I have always avoided the place but today I had to go in. Place very untidy and felt dirty. The meat at the 'butchers' counter was unappetising to say the least. Came time to go to the checkout and was met by a totally disinterested shop assistant. She was yawning the whole time I was waiting in line and looked like she was just out of Mickeys or Scruffys.
    So well done Super Valu,keep up the good work

I'm now gettting really pissed off with the aisle shortcuts being blocked off. Not just that but the positioning of everything's been changed around.
    I don't like change in supermarkets - once you learn the layout it's a dirty marketing trick to change things around. It's done deliberately so that customers have to learn the new layout and see items in passing that jog their memory or desires.
    Here's some news for supermarket owners - It doesn't effing work; all it does is piss people off.
    Especially when I've got a sore knee, can barely walk on it and really, really don't need the effing stress of finding out where things have been moved to and there are no shortcuts in the aisles.
    So, take your marketing tricks and shove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Aldi and Lidl offer the most efficient shopping experience by far, but only if you're willing to do things their way.

That's a big if. Its like Ryanair. It just takes discipline but it's worth it imo.

• Advertisement

Sky King wrote: »
    Aldi and Lidl offer the most efficient shopping experience by far, but only if you're willing to do things their way.

That's a big if. Its like Ryanair. It just takes discipline but it's worth it imo.
    I agree, and I've been a Lidl user for a decade. I got around the silly bag-packing restriction by taking a pair of banana boxes in the trolley - easy to lob things into them at the checkout, transfer them to the boot of the car with no bagging needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

If you use a lot of spices, you could do worse than a trip to Wongs in John street. Great selection of spices at a fraction of Schwartz prices

Advertisement