Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-business and shipping

Options
  • 07-11-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭

How do Irish e-retailers that are shipping to the UK market compete on shipping rates?

As far as I can see An Post rates are wicked. So say for example you are a t-shirt retailer - how can you justify say €5 postage and compete with UK retailers offering free delivery?

Am I being naive? Are there cheaper shipping providers that I don't know about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jasonpat

You cannot ship retails without tax from Ireland to England, whatever the price was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

not really talking about tax...

let me pose the question in a different way: who can I use to ship small parcels to the uk at a cheaper price than an post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

boomdocker wrote: »
    not really talking about tax...

let me pose the question in a different way: who can I use to ship small parcels to the uk at a cheaper price than an post?

take a look at this thread for some real figures that may help you. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80441486
    cheers

Peter

Advertisement