Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/ Rock Am Park 2013

Options
  • 08-11-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭

Thinking of making my first trip over to this after wanting to go for years. I didn't see any thread on it yet, only one from last year.

Any tips here from people that have previously gone? Tickets are coming up as €154.50 + €30 postage worldwide at the moment.

What's the best way people have made their way over, experiences with heading over and general tips etc…?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was at Rock I'm Park last year. Oh so well run. Flew to Munich, got train to Nuremburg. Its beside a train station which is handy, as I stayed in a hotel. Location is immense( I'm a history graduate), it feels weird, but in a cool way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Download looks like its going to be class too. Torn between which one to go to. Rock am ring usually has a class lineup but Download is in early with the announcements.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jofspring wrote: »
    Download looks like its going to be class too. Torn between which one to go to. Rock am ring usually has a class lineup but Download is in early with the announcements.

RIP and Download do share a good few acts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I went to RAR for the first time last year and absolutely loved it. Very friendly crowd there, no assholes at all, everyone is there just to have a good time. Had such a good time that I've actually bought a ticket already for next year.

Getting there isn't so bad I think. Fly into Frankfurt from Dublin with Aer Lingus. You can get the train then from the airport to main train station in Frankfurt and then get a train from there to Koblenz where you can take a shuttle bus to the festival site. It's about an hour and a half to get from Frankfurt to Koblenz.

I did fly into Frankfurt last year, but stayed for a day in Cologne and then got a lift to RAR with some friends, so don't really know what the story is with the shuttle bus, but I will be taking it this year more than likely. I think it's like €10 for a return trip with it.

Hopefully we'll have a few announcements soon enough. As already pointed out, Download and RAR/RIP seem to have similar enough line-ups.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Gonna go for the first time this year, wanted to go for ages. Gf has gone a few times so she can teach me her ways. I think she flies in and gets the train to it. Rock Im park that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Whats the difference with the park and the ring? are they far apart? are they on at the same time? is there a ticket that covers both? which is better in festival terms barring the line up?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They are on at the same time, far apart, same acts. Ring is at a race track and park is more scenic. Park sounds nicer to me, lake, woods, close to civilization.

Whats the difference with the park and the ring? are they far apart? are they on at the same time? is there a ticket that covers both? which is better in festival terms barring the line up?!

No difference, they are twin fests, in the same way Oxegen/titp are. Run on same days, with bands alternating different days. One is for northern Germany, one is for southern. Be hard to do both really. Can't say which is better as only being to the one, but can't see why they'd differ tbh.

Green day, volbeat, 30 seconds to mars, prodigy

First bands announced.

While both are pretty much the same, if people had to chose between ring or park which would they go for?

• Advertisement

Full list here:

A Day To Remember Airbourne Amon Amarth Bad Religion BOYS NOIZE LIVE Bring Me The Horizon Broilers Bullet For My Valentine Casper Cro Fettes Brot Five Finger Death Punch Fritz Kalkbrenner FUN. Green Day Korn Kraftklub Paramore Royal Republic Seeed Selig Simple Plan Sportfreunde Stiller Stone Sour The Prodigy The Wombats Thirty Seconds To Mars Tocotronic Volbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I went in 2008. Rage, Prodigy, Motorhead, Metallica, Queens of the Stones Age!

Cant say enough about it. Really great. German rockers are great to go drinking with.

One thing - theres a nice campsite behind the track in the forest. Could be the "deluxe" ticket. Not sure. We just walked up to the entrance and blagged our way in. The regular campsites off the main road are a disgrace. Avoid them like the ****ing ebola virus.

Would like to see prodigy, stone sour, paramore, korn out of those.

Have they said who are the headliners?

Also shipping 34.90, WTF

Also shipping 34.90, WTF

Ya very steep for shipping alright. Might be ordering 3 tickets myself so at least I can split it three ways.

Would like to see Stone Sour, 30 Seconds From Mars, Korn, Bad Religion, Volbeat for starters.

Ya very steep for shipping alright. Might be ordering 3 tickets myself so at least I can split it three ways.

Would like to see Stone Sour, 30 Seconds From Mars, Korn, Bad Religion, Volbeat for starters.

I think you can get it for about 8 euro on the main ticket selling site. And most of that is because they charge you a percentage for using a credit card. Much more responsible price.

I think you can get it for about 8 euro on the main ticket selling site. And most of that is because they charge you a percentage for using a credit card. Much more responsible price.

Came across a few sites selling tickets last night. Any particular one the main one?

What are the chances ha :D:P

Can't select Ireland as a country for delivery. Anybody bought tickets before through mainticket.de?

• Advertisement

yeah my gf has for rock am park tickets from them before. Either you can email them and they sort it out or you can get it delivered to uk to parcel motel and they deliver it to ireland. I think they do it for free the first 2 times you use them too.

yeah my gf has for rock am park tickets from them before. Either you can email them and they sort it out or you can get it delivered to uk to parcel motel and they deliver it to ireland. I think they do it for free the first 2 times you use them too.

Cheers. I decided to just go through the Rock Im Ring website. The €34 postage is split up between three of us so not bad in the end.

Can't wait now. Just looking through pictures online, should be savage.

Now to keep an eye for a flight sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Me and the missus went in 2010, and it was fantastic - everything was very well organized, very, very few idiots, and a really nice friendly, easy-going atmosphere in the campsite.
    In fact once they find out you're Irish (or even Scottish, like me) they go out of their way to chat and help you out.

We flew in to Frankfurt and hired a car as we planned a bit of traveling around before the festival.
    We stayed in Adenau the night before heading down to the Ring, and ended up buying all our camping kit - tent, sleeping bag, mattress, chairs, beer etc. from what looked like a garden center for about €100.

One important thing you need to know - "Radler" is German for "Shandy".
    We found this out the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

One important thing you need to know - "Radler" is German for "Shandy".
    We found this out the hard way.

Ah yeah, Radler! Beer mixed with Sprite. A pretty weird drink all right, but the fact that it's 2.5% and very, very cheap (the deposit that you pay for the can is more than the actual cost of the drink if I recall correctly) , means you can sit around all day and drink it, playing drinking games and the like (All hail Flunky Ball!), without getting absolutely wrecked.

That's also something very true about the festival, that if you're not actually from Germany, people will go out of their way to get to know you. Especially if your Irish, as they'll want to try and out drink you. None managed to succeed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hey guys, I was wondering could I just ask a few q's here? group of us thinking of getting tickets?
    Firstly easiest way to but tickets? through the main website what do i put down as a PLZ and where would i put down my second address line?
    would ferry and drive be the easiest way there?
    Any tips on the fest in general?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was wondering could I just ask a few q's here? group of us thinking of getting tickets?
    Firstly easiest way to but tickets? through the main website what do i put down as a PLZ and where would i put down my second address line?
    would ferry and drive be the easiest way there?
    Any tips on the fest in general?

Heading over for the first time myself.

I booked the tickets through the Rock Im Park website on friday and already have an e-mail to say they have been dispatched by UPS and I should have them in the next few days.

Going to keep an eye out for flights myself, maybe a sale with aer lingus.

I would think ferry and car would take a lot of traveling to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Heading over for the first time myself.

I booked the tickets through the Rock Im Park website on friday and already have an e-mail to say they have been dispatched by UPS and I should have them in the next few days.

Going to keep an eye out for flights myself, maybe a sale with aer lingus.

I would think ferry and car would take a lot of traveling to get there.

Can i ask how you managed to get UPS to deliver here?

why wouldnt ups deliver here?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Can i ask how you managed to get UPS to deliver here?

The Rock Im Ring site I presume just use them. I didn't specifically ask for UPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kat9updated

Hey there!
    And sorry for my bad Englisdh cause I'm russian
    I've got a question for those who've been in there before
    I'm just thinkin' about flight tickets..and one of the flights is at 10.30 from the Dus.airport
    Is it possible to get from the campsite in such an early morning? PS we don' have a car ofc :)
    Thanks!

Advertisement