Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/ Rock Am Park 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Check www.bahn.de

That site will give you all the public transport answers you ever need. Can switch it to other languages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Looks like Avenged Sevenfold are going to be the next act added.

Hopefully Slipknot are added also as I see they are playing a few gigs were Stone Sour are on the day after.

I have seen it mentioned that Nova Rock in Austria usually has a similar lineup to Rock am Ring and it's looking that way already. Kiss would be excellent to be added as at the moment 30 Seconds From Mars and The Prodigy wouldn't come across to me as headliners.

Would Volbeat headline? They are bloody massive over there, so will be very high up.

Mushy wrote: »
    Would Volbeat headline? They are bloody massive over there, so will be very high up.

They are pretty big over there alright so i'd say they are one and maybe green day the other but 30 seconds from mars wouldn't exactly be a headliner I wouldn't have thought. Was hoping for Rammestein but they are playing elsewhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jofspring wrote: »
    They are pretty big over there alright so i'd say they are one and maybe green day the other but 30 seconds from mars wouldn't exactly be a headliner I wouldn't have thought. Was hoping for Rammestein but they are playing elsewhere.

Didnt 30stm sub last time at RAR , so i could see either similar slot or headline 2nd stage

• Advertisement

Didnt 30stm sub last time at RAR , so i could see either similar slot or headline 2nd stage

Ya think they were either second headliner or maybe headlining the second stage the last time.

Looking at other festivals around europe there seems to be quiet a few that have Kiss, Volbeat, Stone Sour, Bullet For My Valentine, 30stm so hopefully that means Kiss to be added to RAR/RIP.

The Killers lead the latest acts confirmed for next summer's Rock am Ring in Germany.

Also confirmed today are All Time Low, Ellie Goulding, Papa Roach, The Bloody Beetroots, Bullet, Coal Chamber, Graveyard, Hacktivist, Hurts, Imagine Dragons, Jake Bugg, Leslie Clio, Phoenix, The BossHoss, Asking Alexandria, and Pierce The Veil.

The first acts announced were Green Day, Korn, Paramore, The Prodigy, A Day To Remember, Airbourne, Amon Amarth, Bad Religion, Boys Noize, Bring Me The Horizon, Broilers, Bullet For My Valentine, Casper, Cro, Fettes Brot, Five Finger Death Punch, Fritz Kalkbrenner, FUN., Kraftklub, Royal Republic, Seeed, Selig, Simple Plan, Sportfreunde Stiller, Stone Sour, The Wombats, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Tocotronic, and Volbeat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lame enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

thats an incredible lineup! now the q.. rock am or rock im..

I'd be hoping for another big Headliner. The recent addition of the Killers doesn't impress me too much. I haven't seen much of them recently but when I first saw clips of them live they were fairly poor.

Papa Roach is a nice addition. Flights on Aerlingus are reduced by about 20euro at the moment to Frankfurt but are still pricey enough. I know Frankfurt-hahn is further away but is it much further?

• Advertisement

I'd be hoping for another big Headliner. The recent addition of the Killers doesn't impress me too much. I haven't seen much of them recently but when I first saw clips of them live they were fairly poor.

Papa Roach is a nice addition. Flights on Aerlingus are reduced by about 20euro at the moment to Frankfurt but are still pricey enough. I know Frankfurt-hahn is further away but is it much further?

who would you prefer? There's noone who else could headline, they're massive in europe.

Papa are atrocious live(supposedly)

Enter Shikari also self confirmed to perform!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

killers are supposedly terrible live, it's all I;ve ever heard about them. they're not great to begin with.

Franfurrt hahn is an hour away from the town.. Aerlingus it is then :)

Does anyone know if the campsites open on hte friday or the WednesdaY? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

They open on the Wednesday for RAR alright, not too sure about RIP. I think you could also show up the Monday before and start camping, but you have to pay for the extra days before Wednesday.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    who would you prefer? There's noone who else could headline, they're massive in europe.

Have to disagree with you about PaPa Roach seen them at RIP in 2009 and they were one of the highlights of the weekend and jacoby is a great front man
    killers are supposedly terrible live, it's all I;ve ever heard about them. they're not great to begin with.

When i seen them at Oxegen 07 they were utter pants(still regret choosing them over Daft Punk:mad:) But from what ive seen of clips of their live shows since then , they have def improved a lot

Looking around at other festivals I would love to have seen Kiss and Slipknot added.

I saw Papa Roach about ten years ago in the Point and they were outstanding. Granted that was a long time ago but I have always heard good things about them live more recently.

I watched a bit of The Killers Live in 2009 at RAR and Brandon Flowers seems to be the one that lets them down vocally and the bass was pounding over the other instruments. In saying that being there live is always different than watching a live video and they seem to but on a decent enough display. At night with a few drinks on board they could be very enjoyable.

At the moment I'm looking forward to Stone Sour, Volbeat, Enter Shikari, Papa Roach, Paramore, Greenday, Korn and 30 Seconds from Mars. Thats more bands than I would normally be interested in seeing at any festival in Ireland.

From my point of few my fingers crossed that Avenged Sevenfold and Hollywood Undead to be added. Would also like to see 3 Doors Down and I see they usually play RAR/RIP every few years.

Hoping to book flights to Frankfurt as soon as possible and get a bus down from there. Out on a Thursday and home on the Monday.

Looking around at other festivals I would love to have seen Kiss and Slipknot added.

I saw Papa Roach about ten years ago in the Point and they were outstanding. Granted that was a long time ago but I have always heard good things about them live more recently.

I watched a bit of The Killers Live in 2009 at RAR and Brandon Flowers seems to be the one that lets them down vocally and the bass was pounding over the other instruments. In saying that being there live is always different than watching a live video and they seem to but on a decent enough display. At night with a few drinks on board they could be very enjoyable.

At the moment I'm looking forward to Stone Sour, Volbeat, Enter Shikari, Papa Roach, Paramore, Greenday, Korn and 30 Seconds from Mars. Thats more bands than I would normally be interested in seeing at any festival in Ireland.

From my point of few my fingers crossed that Avenged Sevenfold and Hollywood Undead to be added. Would also like to see 3 Doors Down and I see they usually play RAR/RIP every few years.

Hoping to book flights to Frankfurt as soon as possible and get a bus down from there. Out on a Thursday and home on the Monday.

From Frankfurt airport you can get a train to Koblenz and then there's a shuttle bus form kobelnz hbf to the festival :)

From Frankfurt airport you can get a train to Koblenz and then there's a shuttle bus form kobelnz hbf to the festival :)

Starting to look at flying to Munich now. It's the same price as Frankfurt and only 1hr 30mins on the train from Nurmeburg.

Is there many on this heading over or have many picked up tickets?

Starting to look at flying to Munich now. It's the same price as Frankfurt and only 1hr 30mins on the train from Nurmeburg.

Is there many on this heading over or have many picked up tickets?

Best way cost then all ya need is the Bayer card at 29e, so allows 5 people travel anywhere in Bavaria on non-high speed train. And that train is grand and fast too.

Not returning this year, lineup ain't good enough for me to.

• Advertisement

anybody get their ticket off mainticket.de who only allow country as england in the delivery address? Did you all pay the 35e wanted on the main site for delivery?!

anybody get their ticket off mainticket.de who only allow country as england in the delivery address? Did you all pay the 35e wanted on the main site for delivery?!

Ya I bought from the main site. I bought 3 tickets though so we just split the cost of delivery up between us so wasn't too bad. Had the tickets about 3 days later also so they were extremely quick.

Got mine now, anybody booked flights yet?

Got mine now, anybody booked flights yet?

Not booked yet but looking to fly from Dub to Munich and a train from there. I think it takes 1hr 30mins which is handy.

I see from the website another 50 bands will be announced in due course.

Hope some good ones get announced, it's gonna be great anyway but I'd like some more that I'm into. Not greenday and the killers. Can't wait. :)
    Probably wait a month or two and then get flights.

Limp Bizkit, Biffy Clyro and a few more announced.

Actually delighted to see Limp Bizkit added purely for a bit of nostalgia. Haven't actually listened to them in years.

If they don't get another big band I think it's a pretty poor lineup. Still gonna enjoy it :)

If they don't get another big band I think it's a pretty poor lineup. Still gonna enjoy it :)

Looking at the website now it seems 3 more headliners to be announced. One more the same day as Greenday and two more the day of 30 Seconds to Mars.

Looking at the website now it seems 3 more headliners to be announced. One more the same day as Greenday and two more the day of 30 Seconds to Mars.

Great :)

• Advertisement

Tickets finally arrived !

K9q5OzZ.jpg

Now announce the bands!

Advertisement