Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk repair

Options
  • 08-11-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever had any success with bringing scratched discs into the likes of Gamestop and having them repaired?

I've just got a scratch going half way around my disc and whilst the game will boot as far as the menus it goes no further nor can it be installed and now I'm wanting to know can it be repaired or shall I have to rent a copy to install it to the HD and get around it that way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had any success with bringing scratched discs into the likes of Gamestop and having them repaired?

I've just got a scratch going half way around my disc and whilst the game will boot as far as the menus it goes no further nor can it be installed and now I'm wanting to know can it be repaired or shall I have to rent a copy to install it to the HD and get around it that way.

I repair them give me a PM if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

What game is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Disc cleaner we have in Smyths, the Naas store anyway, does a great job on 99percent of scratches. Repairs cost three quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

justryan wrote: »
    I repair them give me a PM if you like

Cheers for the offer but was heading back to Donegal for the weekend today so stopped in Gamestop in town to see the story.

And for future reference Gamestop will replace it for you for €5, they give you a pre-owned disc and take your scratched one. Found it surprisingly reasonable.

Cheers for the offer but was heading back to Donegal for the weekend today so stopped in Gamestop in town to see the story.

And for future reference Gamestop will replace it for you for €5, they give you a pre-owned disc and take your scratched one. Found it surprisingly reasonable.

Glad you got sorted, anyone who needs a disc repaired I can repair them like new for €5 in 5 to 10 minutes, this includes PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii fire me a PM if interesed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sorry for dragging up an old thread (but why create a new one)

I have dozens and dozens of disks that I would love to repair. JustRyan's offer above for €5 euro is fair but knowing the amount of disks I have it just wouldnt be feasible for me.

Can anyone suggest a good disk repairing machine for me?
    Even if it costs 100 euro or what not. I wouldnt mind as I have so many disks.

cheers.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread (but why create a new one)

I have dozens and dozens of disks that I would love to repair. JustRyan's offer above for €5 euro is fair but knowing the amount of disks I have it just wouldnt be feasible for me.

Can anyone suggest a good disk repairing machine for me?
    Even if it costs 100 euro or what not. I wouldnt mind as I have so many disks.

cheers.

I use the compact v2 from TDR it costs me about 320 euro from Amazon afaik - I'm sure we could work out a volume discount if you want them repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭viktor1104

In my experiences I found out that smiths or gamestop or any other shops have high prices for disc repair (5euros). When you can find people on adverts who can provide the same service for half price or less, depending on how many disc you wanna repair. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

justryan wrote: »
    I use the compact v2 from TDR it costs me about 320 euro from Amazon afaik - I'm sure we could work out a volume discount if you want them repaired.

Thanks for the offer JustRyan :)
    But due to the amount of disks and disks I am likely to scratch in the future ( :p ) wouldnt mind owning one of these machines. But I will admit 300 euro is a bit steep for such a machine :P thought a good one would be around the 200 region.
    viktor1104 wrote: »
    In my experiences I found out that smiths or gamestop or any other shops have high prices for disc repair (5euros). When you can find people on adverts who can provide the same service for half price or less, depending on how many disc you wanna repair.

I've never seen anyone on adverts.ie charge less than 3.50 per disk. So its not really a massive saving. Especially when you take the fact that it will cost you money to ship your dvds to this person (and the kicker being, do they charge for shipping back to you or is that included in the price?)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭viktor1104

I've never seen anyone on adverts.ie charge less than 3.50 per disk. So its not really a massive saving. Especially when you take the fact that it will cost you money to ship your dvds to this person (and the kicker being, do they charge for shipping back to you or is that included in the price?)[/QUOTE]

Well you better look again :) I found a guy who does them for 2.50 each (1-5 discs) and then goes way cheaper. :) Also that;s inclusing postage :)

• Advertisement

Just posted up my own ad on adverts - I want to put this machine to work. The ad price says €4 but adverts wont let me input €3.50 (I'll charge at this price)

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-360-disc-repair-service/2630052

Advertisement