Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Motherboard Replace

• 08-11-2012 2:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I put up a post about a year ago regarding an RROD.

This is the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056410588

Still havent bothered to try and fix it, not going to bother messing around with heat guns and soldering etc. Just dont have the time.

I just want to know if I could get a working replacement mobo anywhere?

And then just install that instead?

Looked on ebay for motherboards but cant find any.

I realise that the DVD Key needs to match the motherboard but for now I just want to know where I can get a working Xenon board.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Get the console reballed by somebody, will fix the problem for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭mossy464

Get the console reballed by somebody, will fix the problem for you.

Thanks for the reply. How much roughly would that cost?

Is there anywhere I could buy a replacement board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mossy464 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. How much roughly would that cost?

Is there anywhere I could buy a replacement board?

Why would you buy a replacement board? Surely it'd be less hassle to just pick up another console

EnterNow wrote: »
    Why would you buy a replacement board? Surely it'd be less hassle to just pick up another console

Just to fix it. Wouldnt another console be more expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mossy464 wrote: »
    Just to fix it. Wouldnt another console be more expensive

But your then gonna have to go flashing the dvd drive to work with that mobo & all. And would a used mobo be any more reliable? Best bet is to have it reballed, JustRyan was offering the service last I checked

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    But your then gonna have to go flashing the dvd drive to work with that mobo & all. And would a used mobo be any more reliable? Best bet is to have it reballed, JustRyan was offering the service last I checked

Oh ya, I realise there is the messing with the dvd drive but i dont mind that.

Will check with JustRyan. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

If you get a replacement mobo you will have to get the matching dvd drive otherwise you wont be able to retrieve the key, so you pretty much have to buy another console.

Hangover wrote: »
    If you get a replacement mobo you will have to get the matching dvd drive otherwise you wont be able to retrieve the key, so you pretty much have to buy another console.

What? You can retrieve a key from a motherboard without using the DVD drive if it's glitchable or using the new DGX from TX when it's released.

Think im just going to dump it at this stage tbh. Its sitting in the way so just want it out of the way. :)

Donate it to a fellow modder like Justryan, spare boards are always useful ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

Sure he can glitch it but getting a mobo that works, is glitchable and the right version for his psu etc is going to be tough, easier just to buy another console or get it reballed.

Advertisement