Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop worth upgrading? Dell XPS m1330

Options
  • 08-11-2012 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Currently hold an Asus transformer TF300 for browsing internet etc.......
    but, occasionally like to use my Dell M1330 XPS, for work/projects etc. Problem is, needs new battery for a start and is as slow as f**k. takes about half an hour to just turn on.

wondering is it worth upgrading with specific parts. Lad I used to work with was in similar situation, he bought this : SEAGATE Momentus XT ST750LX003 2.5" internal hard drive - 750 GB + 8 GB SSD memory

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11413401/art/seagate/momentus-xt-st750lx003-2.html

which is great im sure but expensive. Bought RAM too, im not sure what. Basically I'm looking to see if it's worth putting some life back into hopefully, and if possible can anyone point me in the right direction.'I'll buy off whatever, once it works.

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

mods can you move this to : PC Building & Upgrading

Thanks,
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hybrid drives arent all that amazing. You'd be better get a true SSD.

If you have the T7250 in your machine then it might be worth keeping going, but the battery is most likely dud at this point?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mods can you move this to : PC Building & Upgrading

Thanks,
    Tom

Done. Nick

Advertisement