Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a programmer experienced with motion tracking

Options
  • 08-11-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

This is a long shot but im looking for some help on a project which requires motion tracking.
    Ideally somebody who's comfortable on Mac OS X/Linux (C/C++, Javascript) as the technology used will be Quartz Composer + Microsoft Kinect ( open to suggestions though )
    Please get in touch if you are interested!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You want to use the Microsoft Kinect, but not on Microsoft platforms? There are free open source drivers for other platforms, but this is not official.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oledaveoh

Well as I said Im open to suggestions but I know that you can easily use the Kinect with Quartz on Mac with great results and it's what Im most familiar with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Why are you making life difficult tho? Do it with .net on windows and things are so much easier. Also easier to actually find a developer. Hardly anyone codes c++ for the mac. I work at the moment as a linux c++ programmer, and I would still recommend you use .net on windows for this.

You use a proprietary mac graphics package, ok... What does this have to do with runtime dependency tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Can you tell us a little more about the project, oledaveoh? How are you hooking everything together at the moment? What do you need a developer to do and if the basis for your decision to use Quartz Composer and Mac OS X.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

whats your target market ? Will they want to purchase expensive macs instead of cheap commodity pcs to run your application?
    Do it with .net on windows and things are so much easier.

Second this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jgh_

I've done motion tracking using Cocoa (Objective-C) and OpenCV along with a webcam before. I don't see where Quartz Composer fits in really though, what is it you're trying to do?

Advertisement