Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yid army... or perhaps not

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

They're not calling someone a yid, except themselves. Alan Sugar and Daniel Levy both seem ok with it, being Jews and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

This society of black lawyers are beginning to piss me off. Sport is about equality in respect to race and this new fad is going to create a bigger wedge between races if they start looking at petty little things like this. The name is also one of the most patronising things I have heard, imagine if a white person named them that. It's like something out of South Park.

I swear to god they are going to turn me racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

That video is pure Brass Eye. The Pakistani footballer referring to the 'P-word' instantly made me think, "Is he a paedophile?"

The Auschwitz chants by fans are in no way made by Spurs fans. Those clips are, I'd guess, Chelsea fans.

Spurs fans use the 'Yid' chant as a mark of association with a club that has long-standing Jewish support.

Bringing in Arsenal and Chelsea players to call our fans up on something is not the way to go about things imo.

As I said before (and I hate saying this), it's political correctness gone mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Do Irish people find the term Fenian offensive? No

Do Jewish people find the term Yid offensive? It seems so

I find it offensive. Will they stop now?

I have to laugh at Baddiel getting up on his high horse. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Chelsea who were the "Yid army" there wouldn't be a ****ing peep from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Gbear wrote: »

I find it offensive. Will they stop now?

I have to laugh at Baddiel getting up on his high horse. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was Chelsea who were the "Yid army" there wouldn't be a ****ing peep from him.
    Well he doesn't mind when they hiss at the Lane and he certainly doesn't mind taking the piss out of Jews to further his comedy career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

We do not want to go the way of America, which has become an absolutely joke for it's overprotection of Jews and the branding of anything anti-Israel or anti-Zionist as "anti-Semitism". I say this as a staunch anti-fascist too: when the 'rights' of a particular group of people are overly protected to the point where nobody is make jokes or allowed to question them over anything you begin to enter dangerous territory.

Advertisement