Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Screens - Live Statistics

Options
  • 08-11-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested in suggestions on the best way to go about setting up a video wall type display (for multiple images, not one large image across multiple screens).

I need to display about 8 different screens, about 19" or 21" will be fine, kinda similar to Nasa Mission Control.

I'm debating on whether to go with a more expensive PC with multiple video cards or to go with a bank of cheap Net PCs.

The machines are only displaying a web page, so no need for any serious processing power at all, basic browsing functionality is all thats required, and a tiny (if any) hard drive - probably only to boot up the OS.

OS can be Linux, thats what we're using now on an old PC for two screens.

Whats the best (cheapest) way to do this?

One web page is also quite long (ie tall portrait mode), so one PC will need to be able to display on a 42" plasma/lcd in portrait position.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 badboll11

Here u go my friend

Unlock the full potential of multiple monitors.

Ultramon (link below)

Link-->http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

hope u find it usefull;)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Thanks for that, but not really looking to "split" across many screens.

I see the thread above about the Raspberry PI though, a cheap linux PC - that would do perfectly. 8 of those with 8 TVs via HDMI would do the job lovely.

Advertisement