Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian foodstores?

Options
  • 08-11-2012 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Bringing an old thread back from the dead: i'm pretty new to town; does anyone know if any of these places are still going & if so, any recommendations?
    I've already been to the one in the business park a few times, but it's basically an indian shop. Nowt wrong with that, get yourself a huge sack of basmati for cheap, but nothing in the way of chinese or thai sauces, and tescos has got a pretty poor range.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

dez93_2000 wrote: »
    Bringing an old thread back from the dead: i'm pretty new to town; does anyone know if any of these places are still going & if so, any recommendations?
    I've already been to the one in the business park a few times, but it's basically an indian shop. Nowt wrong with that, get yourself a huge sack of basmati for cheap, but nothing in the way of chinese or thai sauces, and tescos has got a pretty poor range.

There is a filipino place just beside Java on abbeygate street and also an indian place in terryland retail park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Seaneh wrote: »
    There is a filipino place just beside Java on abbeygate street and also an indian place in terryland retail park.

i would highly recommend Asiatic Manila in Abbeygate Street, also the Afro Caribbean Store on Bothermore.

There is also an Indian Store on Sean Mulvoy road, near O'Connors and one in WestSide, near Aldi and the new Mr Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I think there's another one in the block around the N17 superstore on the Headford rd, around the corner before you hit the greengrocers its at the back of one of the arcade places(there are a couple of doors from the street in that place that lead to a couple of shops you wouldn't really know about without looking). Not been in there for a while but got some stuff from there a while back.

I normally bought noodles and things from Gavin who's mentioned above & has a more recent premises on the road beyond th epedestrian part of Abbeygate Street. Find him pretty ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No need to bring back ancient thread when a new one will be better with current shops. Posts moved into a fresh thread

There is 2 shops in Westside, both good. One next to Westside post office and the other kinda behind the Subway Westside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Seaneh wrote: »
    +1, good range, pretty cheap and staff are always helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cool, will have to check out that Filipino place. I love these type shops.

Advertisement