Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from UPC to WiMax

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Hi steve, yea its 100gb a month, but I dont use much just want something to work when I need it! Thanks for your help! I will see how it goes and report back ,but as you can see at the moment I might as well be on dial-up!

Ah that should be loads so. Lol the broadband coverage in this country would put a tear in your eye. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

stevek93 wrote: »

Aren't there download caps meant to be rubbish?
    But sure at 0.12Mbits with Imagine, he'd only download a maximum of 40GB in a month if he was downloading all day for a month :)

100GB isn't bad to be honest, let us known how the speeds are

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Well just an update on imagine wimax. Cancelled on their on-line service and posted same with recorded post both of which were recived. They rang last week trying to get me to stay with higher speeds and drop in monthly rate. No thanks! To day they email to say they have been trying to contact me to see if I want to cancel! This just shows no one has a clue what the hell is going on there. After a phone call to them the said the had got notice to cancel, and the account has been closed and I would not be hearing from them again???? Just now the sent me an electronic bill for next month!! People please look elsewhere!

Got digiweb in last week 30mb & phone. I have to say no problems so far! I will update after a few week on speed and service but if it stays as it is I will be happy! Well done Digiweb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Well just an update on imagine wimax. Cancelled on their on-line service and posted same with recorded post both of which were recived. They rang last week trying to get me to stay with higher speeds and drop in monthly rate. No thanks! To day they email to say they have been trying to contact me to see if I want to cancel! This just shows no one has a clue what the hell is going on there. After a phone call to them the said the had got notice to cancel, and the account has been closed and I would not be hearing from them again???? Just now the sent me an electronic bill for next month!! People please look elsewhere!

Got digiweb in last week 30mb & phone. I have to say no problems so far! I will update after a few week on speed and service but if it stays as it is I will be happy! Well done Digiweb!

So true, took them two weeks to upgrade my account to the 7MB package, after spending wasteless hours and money on the phone to them, funny tho after giving up ringing emailed them saying had been in touch with comreg and within the next hour I got a phone call to say my account has been upgraded. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

I wish you luck with imagine WiMAX!! Waiting to hear back from ComTeg !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Andyb1981

Have had the same problem and have reported them to the communications regulator waiting on a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 westhfra

Can see why everyone is complaing once you set it up right you should be fine have a look at your wimax cinr on your routers page onces it around 17-18 you should be fine
    35a6tf9.jpg

And just how do one go about setting this? I checked mine and it is at 29. Any guidelines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You dont, its like an SNR, its the quality of the signal you're getting.

Improve it? Best way is to move your house to a better location :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 westhfra

ED E wrote: »
    You dont, its like an SNR, its the quality of the signal you're getting.

Improve it? Best way is to move your house to a better location :rolleyes:

Now I just need to decide who in the 100 people queuing to buy my house should l choose ;-)

• Zillah wrote: »
    Wooooow, WiMax must be real pro. UPC:

2321005303.png

We had WiMax before, they were terrible. Service that cut in and out frequently, would go down for hours at a time, never gave decent pings, and really bad service on the phone. The straw that broke the camels back was when they cut us off for some ridiculous length of time without warning for supposedly going over a traffic cap that was never made clear to us. They were also really obnoxious on the phone and entirely unwilling to compromise. UPC are ten times better, I can't say enough bad things about Imagine.

Only spotting this now. You stated that wiimax were nothing but problems, all I did was share my sitaution with them. I pay for 10 meg and thats what im getting. No need to be a smart ass just because you had a ****ty time with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Can see why everyone is complaing once you set it up right you should be fine have a look at your wimax cinr on your routers page onces it around 17-18 you should be fine
    35a6tf9.jpg
    To obtain the full 7MB, you need a CINR of at least 22-23. You will only get about 3-4MB.

OP, don't move to WiMAX - it's an overloaded network using poor Motorola equipment that will only get you the correect speeds if there are a handful of people on the same mast as you. If there are 100 people on the same mast as you with WiMAX, you're going to have a bad time. Get your UPC issues sorted if still possible, it's by far the best network in Ireland (next to Magnet which is only in selected areas).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

advertsfox wrote: »
    To obtain the full 7MB, you need a CINR of at least 22-23. You will only get about 3-4MB.

OP, you really shouldn't have moved to WiMAX

If you bothered to read the thread, you'd have seen OP didn't move. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

If you bothered to read the thread, you'd have seen OP didn't move. :rolleyes:
    I did read the thread, I even edited my post from "OP, don't move to WiMAX" to it's current message - I read someone else's post by mistake thinking it was OP.

Advertisement