Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me some amazing Gamecube games please

• 08-11-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Going back down the Gamecube road, again :rolleyes:, but this time round I only want the best of the best games, no rubbish.
    What are your favourite games on the little blue lunch box??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Mmm, haven't touched my gamecube in Years.

I really lke:
    Metroid Prime (1 & 2 both excellent)
    Zelda Wind Waker (bit slow at times but still enjoyable)
    Mario Kart Double Dash - Maybe not the best ever Mario Kart but still good craic multiplayer.
    Resident Evil
    F-Zero

Probably others which cannot think of at the moment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

F-zero GX
    Metroid Prime 1 and 2
    Mario Sunshine
    Resi Remake
    Resi Zero
    Resi 4 (way better than the PS2 version)
    Chibi Robo
    Baten Kaitos
    Baten Kaitos Origins
    Tales of Symphonia
    Skies of Arcadia
    Luigi's Mansion
    Eternal Darkness (I think it's crap but others don't)
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
    Battalion Wars
    Super Monkey Ball games
    Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2
    Killer 7
    Paper Mario
    Cubivore
    Fire Emblem
    Soul Calibur 2 (the definitive version)
    Smash Bros
    Animal Crossing if you are into it
    Pikmin 1 and 2
    PN 03
    Wario World
    Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess
    Zelda Four Swords
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (**** single player, gets exponentially better with more players)
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    Pac Man Vs.

Don't be fooled by:

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. It's a dreadful version of MGS 1. The first person aiming breaks the game, everyone bar David Hayter phones in the lines, there's loads of slow down and it has the worst cutscenes in the series until MGS4 reared it's rotten head.

Starfox Assault: **** sandwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Billy Hatcher and the giant egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    F-zero GX
    Metroid Prime 1 and 2
    Mario Sunshine
    Resi Remake
    Resi Zero
    Resi 4 (way better than the PS2 version)
    Chibi Robo
    Baten Kaitos
    Baten Kaitos Origins
    Tales of Symphonia
    Skies of Arcadia
    Luigi's Mansion
    Eternal Darkness (I think it's crap but others don't)
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
    Battalion Wars
    Super Monkey Ball games
    Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2
    Killer 7
    Paper Mario
    Cubivore
    Fire Emblem
    Soul Calibur 2 (the definitive version)
    Smash Bros
    Animal Crossing if you are into it
    Pikmin 1 and 2
    PN 03
    Wario World
    Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess
    Zelda Four Swords
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (**** single player, gets exponentially better with more players)
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    Pac Man Vs.

Don't be fooled by:

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. It's a dreadful version of MGS 1. The first person aiming breaks the game, everyone bar David Hayter phones in the lines, there's loads of slow down and it has the worst cutscenes in the series until MGS4 reared it's rotten head.

Starfox Assault: **** sandwich.

Thanks for that awesome list Retro!

I totally regret selling on my massive GC collection last year, but needed the cash. No I just want a select few that I will always go back to.

F-Zero GX, any use?

Have Resy4 on the Wii and 360, Wii version is GODLY like.
    Older Resy's(0,1,2,3) just cant get into them, I know, its a sin.

Metroid Prime 1&2, looking for the Wii box collection at the moment, saw it in HMV second had for €30 during the summer, kicking myself now I never picked it up :(

What prices am I looking at for some of these in bold? Was going to drop into RAGE later this afternoon, see if any of these are in stock.

Picking up SMS anyway, have such an urge to play that again.

Always wondered about MGS:TS, why is it so expensive?
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Billy Hatcher and the giant egg

I know nothing about this game :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

F-Zero GX is in my opinion pretty much the greatest racing game ever made.

As for the ones in bold don't expect to pay much for them except maybe cubivore and chibi robo, chibi robo can be hard to find. Expect to pay significantly more in Rage.

MGS Twin Snakes is just uncommon and MGS fans will pay for any old ****e, see MGS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'd consider Double Dash to be the best Mario Kart, Melee to be the best Smash Bros (perhaps unintentionally the best competitive fighting game too), and Soul Calibur 2 to be the best Soul Calibur. Those three would be my most played games on the console.

Ok, so over the weekend I managed to pick up these games so far

Mario Sunshine
    REmake
    Timesplitters 2
    Geist
    Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg

So these should keep me going for the next while on the gamecube, also got a copy of Mario64 for the DS.

But, last night I started REmake to see what it was like, I really like the look of the updated graphics, but christ I can not get used to those controls at all! Now I know what is meant re tank controls. Not too sure if I will actually play through it all.
    Am I on my own here think the controls in RE4,5&6 are better with the over the shoulder view?

EDIT: also, why are Rage charging €29 for Double Dash? Used to be able to get that in Cex for €10, can get it online for €10 even. Best MK, but not worth €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You got Billy Hatcher?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

RAGE have a roulette wheel that dictates the price of a game on any given day. It's like Winning Streak, except nobody actually does. Well, they do, sometimes, gauging by their Facebook.

Now, if you can excuse me, I think I've chucked enough petrol on this wildfire.

also got a copy of Mario64 for the DS.

ugh, not a good version of that game at all.
    But, last night I started REmake to see what it was like, I really like the look of the updated graphics, but christ I can not get used to those controls at all! Now I know what is meant re tank controls. Not too sure if I will actually play through it all.
    Am I on my own here think the controls in RE4,5&6 are better with the over the shoulder view?

Have you never played an old school resident evil game, or something like desert strike? It's the same idea, forward always goes forward, it's the exact same controls as in the later Resi games only the camera is different. It might take a bit to get used to it but it does make sense.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You got Billy Hatcher?!

Yup, got it for €10 including postage on amazon.co.uk last week
    ugh, not a good version of that game at all.

I dont know, played it last night on the 3ds, have to say I like it with the circle pad.
    Have you never played an old school resident evil game, or something like desert strike? It's the same idea, forward always goes forward, it's the exact same controls as in the later Resi games only the camera is different. It might take a bit to get used to it but it does make sense.

Yeah I get the controls, just dont like them too much, it looks amazing though!
    I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet, I'll give a good stab at it. I know it will be worth it.

Advertisement