Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 upgrade

Options
  • 08-11-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

If I order the iphone 5 upgrade on the o2 website and they send me out a new sim with the phone, can someone else use this phone and sim with their own number and I can keep my current phone and number.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Yes to both questions.

If your current phone was purchased from your current network it will likely be locked to that network. It would either need to be unlocked to work on any network (request this from your network) or it would need to remain on the network it is locked to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

If I order the iphone 5 upgrade on the o2 website and they send me out a new sim with the phone, can someone else use this phone and sim with their own number and I can keep my current phone and number.

Just order the phone let the other person get a Nano sim from O2 there won't

be a problem. O2 will unlock the phone straight away if you need too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Strummerville

Brilliant, thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

just to add...

you will be committing yourself to a new contract (normally 24months to get the best price for the upgrade)

they may also try moving you to a different type of contract (they offered me more calls/texts but less data) - you can decide which is better for you.

Advertisement