Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do Halfords do the square-style motorcycle number plates?

• 08-11-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I've tried ringing them a few times this morning but no reply. Also, do they make them while you wait (i.e. in 10 mins) or do you have to order them beforehand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Guy on adverts does them for 12/13e if you aren't in a immediate rush but I guess the "while you wait" means ya need it quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I am pretty sure that Halfords do them.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

P.C. wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that Halfords do them.

Where are you based?
    Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Cork City

Rathgar motorfactors won't be any good for you then.

yeah the do the "legal" square ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Got through to Halfords eventually. They do the square ones but apparently their printer is broken and wont be fixed until Monday. They told me to try Overdrive in Douglas Shopping Centre. I went out there and they did metal ones for €20, they weren't very good and technically not road legal but I didn't feel like spending my afternoon going from shop to shop so I just bought it and it'll have to do for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Got through to Halfords eventually. They do the square ones but apparently their printer is broken and wont be fixed until Monday. They told me to try Overdrive in Douglas Shopping Centre. I went out there and they did metal ones for €20, they weren't very good and technically not road legal but I didn't feel like spending my afternoon going from shop to shop so I just bought it and it'll have to do for the moment.

I'm very fussy about number plates and I don't know where you're going to get them cheapest but I always get ones like this one only with smaller but legal figures:
    SQUARE%20BLACK%20280.jpg
    (not my reg by the way)
    I get mine from Martin in Munster Radiator and Number Plate Services around the corner from St Finbarre's Cathedral for about €25 or €30 or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Please, please don't get the 'truck sized' square number plate. Very popular with Deauville riders for some unknown reason. The minimum legal size of plate for a bike is half the width and half the height of the truck plate - approx 6 by 4 inches.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

cantdecide wrote: »
    I get mine from Martin in Munster Radiator and Number Plate Services around the corner from St Finbarre's Cathedral for about €25 or €30 or something like that.

Munster Radiator - very helpful and the satisfaction of doing business with a local independent retailer.

On Douglas Street a sign company (Southern Signs?) sell perspex square number plates. Size can be adjusted to your requirements.
    CB Motorcycles, off Douglas St. sell alloy plates with stick on numbers.

Advertisement