Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a swimming pool

Options
  • 08-11-2012 1:43pm
    Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a nice pool that:
    Is open to non-members
    Is warm (changing room and pool itself)
    Is not too busy or crowded

I've been trying to bring my 6month old swimming. We went to kingfisher in renmore but the changing rooms were cold and the showers were tepid. Cue howling child to annoy other patrons :D

So I'd like to try other places, and i've rang a few hotels around, trouble is that the hotels only offer gym memberships packages. I've no interest in that as I only want a pool for once or twice a week for 30 mins. And because Dad and I would be going, 2 x gym memberships is eyewateringly expensive.

I was in leisureland years ago and my memory of it was very crowded with lots of noisy children, and not the cleanest, unless its improved in recent years.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hey there,

We bring our 10 month old to the Radisson for swimming lessons and it works out great. They have 2 classes at the moment one for smaller babies - 4 mth plus - and one for old babies /toddlers. The teacher is really lovely and very kind and the babies love her. The changing rooms are warm and comfortable and the pool area is always warm, clean and not too busy.

The charge is 15 euros per swimming lessons and one or both parents can go in with the baby.

I would definitely recommend checking it out.

pm me if you need any details or if you phone the hotel they are very helpful..

Hope that helps!

Advertisement