Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Photoshop wizards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do you want the crest on the football, or simply in the background (as indicated in the bitmap)?

EDIT: From a quick attempt - the red against the green is not good on the eyes unfortunately.

Only have access to Paint.net at work - so someone who has Photoshop would need do either an outer glow / border effect on the crest image to make it standout.

Untitled_386.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Thanks Basq that is what I am looking for with the crest in the top corner like that, agree totally that the red is not the best looking.

Would black be better for the crest do you think?

Don't think the colour would really matter here - but the borders would need to be amplified / cleaned up. Someone with Photoshop should be able to do something on the Layer.

If no one looks at it in the meantime, I'll do it this evening.

EDIT: With a Darken filter in Paint.NET, it's a bit clearer but still dull.

darken.png

Will look at it later.

Cool thanks again, if it is possible to keep the red that would be ideal but if it looks better black work away

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Few common effects to show how it would look, any that are close to what you want?

Football_Generic_mod.jpg

• Advertisement

^ Yep, I reckon keeping the white backdrop in the crest and banner would make it far more readable - as in the 2nd one in (but maybe remove the white between the crest and top banner).

Just my 2c's..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,753 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I gave it a go but the crest is not big enough to transfer, you need a better resolution or bigger crest.

here's a quick knock-up

here's 2 for the price of one ;)

Lads you are only a bunch of stars! Many thanks for your help I am delighted

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,753 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah for heavens sake! I was picking up the logo and making it look as though it was on the football...

^ Ha..

.. I was doing did the same thing earlier so then I clarified by asking..
    Do you want the crest on the football, or simply in the background (as indicated in the bitmap)?

Glad to see it wasn't just me!

Sorry Looksee I didn't realise that was what you meant by transfer :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Managed to extract the logo with zero edge pixelation.
    File is too large to attach, can email if you pm.
    Good luck.
    Logowith_Football_Generic.jpg

Advertisement