Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a place that sells non-sexy adult board games

Options
  • 08-11-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I'm looking for a shop in the city that sells adult board games. Nothing sexy, just the likes of Risk, Catan, Trivial pursuit (I own all of these) that kind of thing.

I've tried Smiths Toy Shop and Sub City, but they were all very limited. I also tried that new place at Bridge Mills, but that is a little too Warhammer for what I'm looking for.

An ideas?

Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Argos would be a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 damodai

Dungeons and doughnuts in the cornstore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

damodai wrote: »
    Dungeons and doughnuts in the cornstore
    Think thats the one the Op referred to down in Bridge Mills isnt it?

OP Cranium is a great game if you have a group, try online too as there is more choice, Adverts is bound to have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

The toyshops will have the likes of Risk and Trivial Pursuit. Sub City Comics will have a few more advanced boardgames but Dungeons and Donuts is the place to go if you want a copy of Settlers of Catan or similar. If they don't have it in stock they can have in the following week if you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

its-magic-outside-store.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Just order online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Playboy wrote: »
    Just order online?

I would second that. 091 Labs have a board games night every Thursday at 7.

I'm not really that into it myself but have gone a few times and had a good time. First night is free, every other week there is a €2 fee that goes into the kitty for buying new board games.

They have quite a few now and people often bring their own. They seem to have a varied selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Pretty sure the art n hobby shop in the shopping centre have board games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Buy an Ipad, and hook it up to any tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mary90

Articulate is a great game altogether for groups!! You can get it in Argos I'm pretty sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement