Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIR triggering alarm

Options
  • 08-11-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I have an astec alarm about 4 years. The pir sensor keeps setting the alarm off recently, Would it be because its old or some other fault, Should i just replace the sensor, Can i buy a single sensor,

Call failed was showing on the keypad today ive never seen that before, Any ideas what that means,

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

ronn wrote: »
    I have an astec alarm about 4 years. The pir sensor keeps setting the alarm off recently, Would it be because its old or some other fault, Should i just replace the sensor, Can i buy a single sensor,

Call failed was showing on the keypad today ive never seen that before, Any ideas what that means,

thanks

You could down power the detector and then power it back up to see if that clears the issue. To do so you need to open the PIR and remove the front of it. Then put it back in place. The alarm will activate while doing this but just put in your user code to turn it off.

Call failed would be relating to the dialer. If the call did not get through it will display call failed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the PiR suddenly starts false alarming its generally faulty.
    Has the environment its in changed in any way? Curtains or blinds removed leaving it in direct sunlight.
    If its 4 years old it will have a dip switch on the back for normal or reduced gain. You could try switch that to reduced. This does make the device a lot less sensitive. If you have a spare core on the cable the PiR is on you could replace it with a global PiR. You will need a 768ohm resistor & engineer access to remove the old PiR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Thanks lads ill try the 1st option. ill keep you posted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks lads ill try the 1st option. ill keep you posted:D

Your welcome, let us know how you get on.

Advertisement