Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.22 Pistol for sale or point to a dealer with some in stock.

• 08-11-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

On the look out for a .22 Pistol.
    I'd settle for a Walther P22 or a Sig Saur mosquito even though they don't get the greatest reviews.
    Would also like a Colt 1911 or a S&W model 22.

If you know of something for sale through. Licenced seller or a dealer please mail me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Hunter21 wrote: »
    I'd settle for a Walther P22 or a Sig Saur mosquito even though they don't get the greatest reviews.

If you know of something for sale through. Licenced seller or a dealer please mail me.

Cresent Sporting / shooting, Blackrock, Co Dublin.
    Has Walther P22 pistols for sale.

• Subscribers Posts: 335 ✭✭noeleire

Hi Hiltop shooting in roundwood has a second hand sig saur mosquito I seen it last week it's in great nick .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

www.gunshop.ie Use the phone number on the website as emails aren't always answered.

Can I have one last shot at changing your mind about the Sig Mosquito or the Walther P22. They really are crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

BattleCorp wrote: »
    www.gunshop.ie Use the phone number on the website as emails aren't always answered.

Can I have one last shot at changing your mind about the Sig Mosquito or the Walther P22. They really are crap.

The more I read on the net the more I fear the P22 and Mosquito, for jamming and ammo picky but a mate of mine has a P22 and has never had any issues.
    Also as they are scaled down is a turn off, I'd rather a full size even if its a replica but works flawlessly.

Buckmark, 22a and a 1911 would be good entry level pistols for target comps I've been told. Don't know if thats fact though..
    As I am a student money is an issue with the good brand guns and to pay for club membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

The more I read on the net the more I fear the P22 and Mosquito, for jamming and ammo picky but a mate of mine has a P22 and has never had any issues.
    Also as they are scaled down is a turn off, I'd rather a full size even if its a replica but works flawlessly.

Buckmark, 22a and a 1911 would be good entry level pistols for target comps I've been told. Don't know if thats fact though..
    As I am a student money is an issue with the good brand guns and to pay for club membership.

If money is tight ,all the more reason not to waste it on rubbish like the p22 and mosquito, they were designed to be plinkers from the word go. A cz cadet is a great pistol if you can get one.
    Also some dealers don't really want to talk about pistols on the phone if they don't know you and some make a point they don't have anything to do with pistols.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

rowa wrote: »
    If money is tight ,all the more reason not to waste it on rubbish like the p22 and mosquito, they were designed to be plinkers from the word go. A cz cadet is a great pistol if you can get one.
    Also some dealers don't really want to talk about pistols on the phone if they don't know you and some make a point they don't have anything to do with pistols.

Thats going to make it difficult for me to make my starting enquiry!?
    How do I buy one then :)
    Id like to ring around in advance before making long trips, I can easily visit the ones local to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Mourne Shooting Grounds in Monaghan sell the CZ Cadet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

cw67irl wrote: »
    Mourne Shooting Grounds in Monaghan sell the CZ Cadet!

I suppose i could check but easier/quicker here

is it on the list? are the sights adjustable/can be changed to colored fibre optic?

On a side note I saw a good sight arrangement that I liked on youtube
    People are probably aware, it had a vertical white line at the back sight and a luminous green fibre at the front, I'd prefer a v notch with the white line, but it looked good in the view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Merch wrote: »
    I suppose i could check but easier/quicker here

is it on the list?

No it's not but that may not be an issue:)

Advertisement