Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anzhi vs Liverpool Europa League 5pm KO

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

great ****ing save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Cole off for Assaidi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jesus cole should have scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Nearly, good effort by Suso. Great to see Cole taken off

Carragher has been a rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

So assaidi is dutch now? Awful commentary

Thank fcuk I'm watching ITV4. Anything on Tv3 or 3e is so fcuking tilting :D

Jesus cole should have scored

Never knew 'Joe' was short for 'Jesus'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That really should have been 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

got away with that one!...was sure Traore was gonna score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

By the time you finish reading this sentence, Joe Cole will have earned £1.12

Just an interesting fact..

• Advertisement

wow, what a miss, shud be 2 down

I have no faith in Coates what so ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Now he takes a shot at goal?

That's a fine big towel

Terrible effort there by Henderson

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

We have so many average even poor players,proves we just don't have the squad we once had,Coates had been terrible,so has Henderson,Downing,Wisdom,Cole.Depressing stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Lots of inconsistent defending by Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dcully wrote: »
    We have so many average even poor players,proves we just don't have the squad we once had,Coates had been terrible,so has Henderson,Downing,Wisdom,Cole.Depressing stuff

Not really a fair comment seeing as they're all thrown in at once, put any of them in the first team and there fine squad players.

I have no faith in Coates what so ever
    really hoped he would be decent but hes brutal. positioning is terrible and has no pace to recover. both himself and Henderson don't even move like footballers . suso is playing well, using the **** pitch to his advantage. we might just steal a draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fully expect to see Delia Smith among their fans.

Pacheco has giving every ball away since coming on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Jones pulled a great save outta the bag to keep us in it...far from straight at him.

We hardly expected much more than what we are seeing other than the likes of Henderson not following through on his word to take his opportunites...

That said, no Cole and Henderson in the centre would have been fairer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

that was close....to the corner flag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Every time I watch Shelvey play I wonder where it all went wrong for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Unlucky Shelvey lad

• Advertisement

Suso has been excellent

ref had blown the whistle before he even went for the tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Plus if tv3 are going to have rights of football matches, the very lease they should be doing is having basic information...Assaidi being Dutch like...not knowing if Borini is injured or not...and there strange defence of Andy Carroll out of nowhere.

Clearly didn't research the fact he's a donkey...although a donkey id like to see in Europe

Fantastic tackle by Shelvey and your man goes down holding his face? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not really a fair comment seeing as they're all thrown in at once, put any of them in the first team and there fine squad players.
    So a fine squad player is ok to be poor when playing alongside other fine squad players?doesn't make sence at all.Theres no excuse ,those I mentioned were poor in most games I've seen them ,whether its in the first team or otherwise .

• Advertisement

Oh ffs Henderson, useless as always

This crowd aren't up to much at all

Henderson has regressed since last year if that's possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Well that was hell. Think I will gouge out an eye just for entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

there is gonna need to be shooting practice after this match

That was a waste of two hours, hopefully Sunday will be worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This crowd aren't up to much at all

Playing your home games 1000 miles away from home might have an effect on that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Missed the game lads, can you sum it up?

Did we play that 5-3-1-1 some were expecting? Who was good? Who was bad?

To be honest this is turning into an alright night for us. We always had this one penned in as a loss, so no disaster, and it looks like Young Boys will take 3 points against Udinese.

That means if we beat Young Boys at home (which we really should do as we might be able to afford a first teamer or 2) we could have one foot into the knockouts. We may not even need to get a result in Udinese depending how things turn out.

I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that if we beat Young Boys at home and Anzhi avoid defeat to Udinese at home (which you really would expect them to do) then we're through.

So overall pretty happy with tonight. Win against Young Boys and we should be through - that's not a bad position to be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Morzadec wrote: »

Did we play that 5-3-1-1 some were expecting? Who was good? Who was bad?

To be honest this is turning into an alright night for us. We always had this one penned in as a loss, so no disaster, and it looks like Young Boys will take 3 points against Udinese.

That means if we beat Young Boys at home (which we really should do as we might be able to afford a first teamer or 2) we could have one foot into the knockouts. We may not even need to get a result in Udinese depending how things turn out.

I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that if we beat Young Boys at home and Anzhi avoid defeat to Udinese at home (which you really would expect them to do) then we're through.

So overall pretty happy with tonight. Win against Young Boys and we should be through - that's not a bad position to be in.
    Would be of the same opinion myself.

We had a young inexperienced team out but played okay - again, final third was where we fell down.

From what I saw of the match I thought Downing did well at LB when he was back there, Shelvey did alright in distributing the ball and Suso when he came on was head and shoulders above the rest.

Joe Cole, Coates and Henderson were fairly poor - Henderson with two poor shots in the second half that should at least have hit the target.

Overall we played reasonably well but lacked guile up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Morzadec wrote: »

1.) Absolute shìt pitch and probably the grass not cut all week knowing Liverpool are coming to town.

2.)So called senior players outshone by kids.

3.) Cole was a little better than the suggested shopping trolley replacement, but final decison is gone to a ballot.

4.)Henderson didn't really do his chances any good.

5.) Coates looked shaky and formation and big spaces between CB's seen him exposed.

6.) That Jonjo showed up.:o...again.

7.) Suso was like a shining light when he came on and was in a more central role which was impressive

8.) toothless

9.) toothless

10.) and toothless again

11.) a match to totally forget sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Don't feel too bad about missing it then! It had 1-0 written all over it didn't it? Anzhi pretty poor in attack but solid in defence, and us with a poor team out.

Did we try to sit deep and hit them on the break or were we knocking it about a bit at times too?

EDIT: Just seen the possession stats which probably answers my above question - we saw plenty of the ball by the looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Shelvey was excellent in my view. Other players with a good game - Downing, Morgan, Coady and Carragher. Suso and Assaidi did well when coming on. Jones, Pacheco, Wisdom all had good enough games. Coates looked shaky. Henderson was poor. Cole was good compared to his other showings this season but not good by any stretch of the imagination, did nothing a player on a fraction of his wages couldn't do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

G.K. wrote: »
    Shelvey was excellent in my view. Other players with a good game - Downing, Morgan, Coady and Carragher. Suso and Assaidi did well when coming on. Jones, Pacheco, Wisdom all had good enough games. Coates looked shaky. Henderson was poor. Cole was good compared to his other showings this season but not good by any stretch of the imagination, did nothing a player on a fraction of his wages couldn't do.

Think this post sums up Liverpool tonight to a tee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Thanks.

I really need more adjectives other than 'Good', it seems.

Advertisement