Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Medicine Applicants Thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

borrch wrote: »
    Who do they take then? GEM?

Yeah, they do gem, think the last mature they took for medicine was a former pharmacist in 2011...or so I heard. Which is a real pity as I'd love ucd

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

UCD told me they'd contact people in coming weeks and at an open day I was at as well as said they rarely if ever take matures for medicine :(

Yeah, I was told the same. They wait to see the standard of applicants and decide then whether they offer anyone a place or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Yeah, they do gem, think the last mature they took for medicine was a former pharmacist in 2011...or so I heard. Which is a real pity as I'd love ucd

Well that's a bit of a joke considering they're all for mature applicants on their website. :mad:

Any idea what the deal is with Trinity?do we need to keep checking the portal?:confused:

Well that's a bit of a joke considering they're all for mature applicants on their website. :mad:

Any idea what the deal is with Trinity?do we need to keep checking the portal?:confused:

Fairytale girl, how are you? How'd hpat go? I think so, I emailed them but didn't hear back, I just check each day!

Not to bad! I couldn't make the repeat this year so I'm stuck with resubmitting my last years result - 153 :(

I'm currently doing a Health Science diploma, working in a care home, and Ive just finished a cracking week on a hospital placement (Seen a wrist reconstruction, a man die after two hours in resus and two thyroid lobectomies today alone)

Still feeling frustrated that my academics are so sucky, I really thought in Ireland they paled compared to life experience etc but I have a feeling thats whats holding me back. :confused:

• Advertisement

Ah that sounds amazing!! Well done!! :)

Well look, you're actively doing things to improve them, like the diploma, they will see that and appreciate it!! :)

This waiting is killing me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

At tye interview I had at UCD last year I was told they only take one mature student for medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭julie2tubz

The more I hear the more UCD are breaking my heart. Why can't it be clear cut amount of spaces like RCSI state. It all seems so secretive.

Got an interview for rcsi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Well done :) Congrads

How many do they take for interviews?

• Advertisement

Well done :) Congrads

How many do they take for interviews?

Thank you, 30 of us are being interviewed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Well done, got it as well :) Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Welldone dtfo

Are there 15 places? If so your odds are great :)

Welldone dtfo

Are there 15 places? Is so your odds are great :)

Yep, 15 places! Well done dtfo!! What time you in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ruthiecahill

I also got called for interview....15th May 9:20am :)!

I also got called for interview....15th May 9:20am :)!

Brilliant!! Well done!! I'm in at eleven.

Congratulations guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭studentforever

I'm definitely not jealous :-p Congratulations lads, best of luck with the interview ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Yep, 15 places! Well done dtfo!! What time you in at?

2 oclock. Seems that theres 2 different panels were interviewed by

dtfo wrote: »
    2 oclock. Seems that theres 2 different panels were interviewed by

I'm at 11. Yeah, but RCSI has always split the interview into two as far as I know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Alt.End

Did they send emails or letters?

Emails

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

I got an interview too :)......15th May 9.40am

Big Congrats to all who got interviews. Great news for you all. I'm so devastated now as I didn't get it :( heart breaking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Feel your pain julie2tubz. I got a 'thanks but no thanks' letter today.:(

Congratulations to all that received interviews. Very best of luck :)

julie2tubz wrote: »
    Big Congrats to all who got interviews. Great news for you all. I'm so devastated now as I didn't get it :( heart breaking stuff.

I didn't get anything so far :/ but I guess it will be thanks but no thanks...
    Congratulations to everybody else!

julie2tubz wrote: »

But with your great hpat result you will hopefully get a place!

Really sorry to hear that guys but maybe they are still emailing candidates? And remember you only need one interview and one offer!

Just saw I got the letter of doom when I got home. So my result obviously wasnt enough :(. I have UCD as first choice but the chances of that are slim. Oh well. Big decisions to make now.

• Advertisement

Julie, that is insane, your score was fantastic and you are obviously more than capable of being a doctor. Perhaps you could request feedback and see if there are things you could improve on, like work experience or something?

Did you apply to UCC, NUIG and TCD aswell? UCC will be in touch early next week.

Advertisement