Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Medicine Applicants Thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

borrch wrote: »
    NUIG sent out an emai? When did they send it? When are interviews on?

It was sent about an hour ago. The interviews are on the 18th of June

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Fiddles44 wrote: »
    I got an email about an interview, no letter yet though
    It was sent about an hour ago. The interviews are on the 18th of June

Do you mind me asking what your hpat score was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

No emails. Bummer :confused:

Do you mind me asking what your hpat score was?

I got 177

I got 177

That's a great score, i got 167 so probably wont get an interview :(

• Advertisement

Just got an interview with trinity for next Thursday. They emailed me about it :)

Did Trinity email your private email address or your tcd account?

That's a great score, i got 167 so probably wont get an interview :(

Thats still a good score. I wouldn't give up hope until all the colleges offer interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭studentforever

Zilch on my end too. Hope for entry this year has officially died. Atleast it's sunny out ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Did Trinity email your private email address or your tcd account?

Well my Tcd email is my primary email address as that's where I did my nursing degree but there is nothing on portal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Zilch on my end too. Hope for entry this year has officially died. Atleast it's sunny out ;-)

Snappity Snap snap.

Meet you back here for Mature Entry 2014 soon enough!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thats still a good score. I wouldn't give up hope until all the colleges offer interviews.

I only applied to NUIG :( as im not in a position to move

So let's review the lessons learned for next year...
    1-study for the hpat excessively
    2-get more experience for application
    3-utilise witchcraft to gain entry
    4-???

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

4. Develop a cure for cancer.

So let's review the lessons learned for next year...
    1-study for the hpat excessively
    2-get more experience for application
    3-utilise witchcraft to gain entry
    4-???

Christ I laughed at that more than I should have. Grand, if anyone wants to band together to cure cancer, pm me. Credit will be shared equally :-D

So sorry for posting about trinity everyone, thought a few more boards people would have heard and I thought it would stop is checking in with portal all the time but now I just feel bad :( I know it's no consolation at all when you don't hear back but I've literally spent the last three years applying and getting nowhere so I know how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Don't feel bad!!! I'm sure everyone is very very pleased for you :D And it shows that persistence pays off;) Best of luck!!!!!!

So sorry for posting about trinity everyone, thought a few more boards people would have heard and I thought it would stop is checking in with portal all the time but now I just feel bad :( I know it's no consolation at all when you don't hear back but I've literally spent the last three years applying and getting nowhere so I know how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ultimatehero

Untrue - if you have a science degree you will meet the maticulation requirements for chemistry, biology and physics.
    Abby19 wrote: »
    One thing as a mature student is that you still need to meet the minimum subject requirements for medicine. Some require one science, some require two. If you don't have these they won't look at your application. However unlike direct school leavers your don't need to get this at the same time as the rest of your leaving cert (or equivalent).
    Check with the various colleges what you actually need, and you would still have time to pick up a science subject in the leaving cert if you started now.

And you can then use this in your personal statement along the lines of, 'I am committed to study medicine and to that end I am sitting X, Y, or Z in the summer to complete my matriculation requirements' and it also shows you are serious and have done your homework.

eg. for Trinity http://www.tcd.ie/maturestudents/News/#linkc
    Applicants must present a Grade B and a Grade C in two of Biology and Chemistry or Physics at higher Leaving Certificate level or equivalent.

It does not matter if you have since got a science degree, or a PhD, or whatever - you need these at LC level.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

Don't worry about it, it's better knowing than waiting in vain. At least from my point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Traderdc

Hi guys - I guess I am correct in assuming that if I did not receive an email today from NUIG or Trinity then I won't be getting an interview with either of those? I have tried calling the departments in both colleges today but no joy. Any idea when we will hear about UCD or UCC?

Eternalgeek, you have absolutely nothing to feel bad for! If it had gone the other way I'm sure you'd be congratulating. Make sure you let us know what the interviews were like so we can prepare for next year!

Sincerest congratulations and good luck!!!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Spacecat and studentforever!

Of course I'll post a full progress report!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

EternalGeek I'm so jealous of you right now! And since I'm not in the running I can honestly say I hope you get it!

Thank you Solitaire, I'll definitely report back with a long detailed report of both RCSI and TCD interviews :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

Hey people I am applyin as a mature student to tallaght IT. To do accounting level 6
    I was doing a PLC business course but didn't go back for the third term ( I know Im stupid)
    I am 90 percent sure (I Hope) I at least got a pass in book keeping ,maths German,Computers, Is there a chance I might still get accepted? Thanks in advance

Traderdc wrote: »
    Hi guys - I guess I am correct in assuming that if I did not receive an email today from NUIG or Trinity then I won't be getting an interview with either of those? I have tried calling the departments in both colleges today but no joy. Any idea when we will hear about UCD or UCC?

I didn't get an interview from Trinity either but I'm hoping since there is no change on my tcd portal account that they might be sending emails in groups. Wishful thinking I know but you never know

Does anyone have any idea when UCD and UCC hold interviews?

Does anyone have any idea when UCD and UCC hold interviews?

UCC are the 17th of may, not sure about UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ultimatehero

UCC are the 17th of may, not sure about UCD
    any idea when UCC or UCD get back to us?

any idea when UCC or UCD get back to us?

UCC said early this week and UCD said in coming weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

Just so that all are aware for you own information, I have now received my rejection from Trinity via the Trinity portal. An email was sent to me informing me that the status has changed and to log in to view it.

Best of luck to those with an interview.

Still, looking forward to the RCSI one next week.

Advertisement