Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Medicine Applicants Thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

I'm much the same, I turn 30 a month after I finish the leaving. I went to he institute of education on leeson street, the teachers there are alo really nice. It is a bit of a culture shock as eternalgeek said but you do get used to it (I like to tell the younger students how old they were the first time I did things, it can be quite fun, also telling tuem about the internet before broadband scares the hell out of them :D )

. I decided to do ten subjects

I thought I had it bad with nine, what subjects are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

SolitaireX wrote: »
    I thought I had it bad with nine, what subjects are you doing?

Argh im doing nine subjects....it's been a LONG day!

Argh im doing nine subjects....it's been a LONG day!

Ha ha, how did you get on in the rcsi interview?

SolitaireX wrote: »
    Ha ha, how did you get on in the rcsi interview?

Think it went ok, hard to judge!! How about yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

Think it went ok, hard to judge!! How about yourself?

Apologies for jumping in on the conversation but I agree with your assessment, very hard to judge how it went. Here's to hoping anyway!

Apologies for jumping in on the conversation but I agree with your assessment, very hard to judge how it went. Here's to hoping anyway!

Glad to hear that Homer! Hopefully we all hear soon enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sunnygrl

Apparently we should hear by end of next week. Was diffcult to read their reactions, clinical one was worst of the 2 as nobody even cracked a smile! Maybe they did not have enough coffee and sugar yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ruthiecahill

Sunnygrl wrote: »
    Apparently we should hear by end of next week. Was diffcult to read their reactions, clinical one was worst of the 2 as nobody even cracked a smile! Maybe they did not have enough coffee and sugar yet...

I felt exactly the same about the clinical interview! I thought they were so serious & I felt I couldn't open up or be myself properly :(

I felt exactly the same about the clinical interview! I thought they were so serious & I felt I couldn't open up or be myself properly :(

Same here, at least we are all in the same boat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Im glad everyone felt that way. I think they must have been pulling the good cop/bad cop play on us haha

Was the guy the bad cop, cause I'm pretty sure if you reenacted my interview in the style of interpretive dance he would have pimp slapped me to the ground and started laughing maniacally. Maybe that's an exaggeration, I thought it went pretty well. Anyone else wondering how they're going to convince the bank to give them a loan though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Medgal23

How did people find the interviews in UCC?? When is it likely we'll get a result?? 4 places is that right??

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

For anyone waiting on UCD, I just looked through my emails from last year and I got my invitation on the 6th of June so still plenty of time :)

Medgal23 wrote: »
    How did people find the interviews in UCC?? When is it likely we'll get a result?? 4 places is that right??

Cork was grand, I think, they were really lovely, definitely the easiest interview !! They told me to ring towards the end of next week and they would be able to let us know where we stand. 4 places as far as I know, and 20 people being interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Medgal23

Hey did u ask when you'd hear or did they just tell u to ring??I thought they were lovely but afraid I messed a couple questions..... :/

I asked, it was the only thing I did ask!! :rolleyes:

Some of the questions were asked oddly, like about modules, i really wasnt sure what aspects they were referring to

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seekaay

hey guys just found this thread now, i felt the same about the RCSI interview, nice to know everyone had the same experience, didn't hear anything from trinity so don't have to think about that one anymore! UCC was strange they didn't really ask any personality questions!

anyone else has an NUIG interview? any ideas what to expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

I'm glad everyone got the some reaction from the clinic interview in RCSI. I was worried that was only me.

Got called Thursday morning to come into Trinity for an interview. Think it went well, the questions were pretty straightforward

UCC on Friday was ok too. The panel seemed pretty nice but I can see what you mean EternalGeek about the way they worded the questions.

Glad they let us know pretty soon where we stand. Dont think I could wait until August

Haven't really heard anything about the NUIG interview. I'm sure it'll be along the same as the rest

• Advertisement

Fiddles44 wrote: »
    Haven't really heard anything about the NUIG interview. I'm sure it'll be along the same as the rest

Nope, I didn't get an interview with NUIG but I was speaking with admissions at their open day and they're running five OSCE like stations for interview, much like the UK schools (the have a guy in from the UK organizing it) and the two people who score highest across the boards will be offered a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

did anyone else not get any interviews? I feel alone in my failure haha

Nope, I didn't get an interview with NUIG but I was speaking with admissions at their open day and they're running five OSCE like stations for interview, much like the UK schools (the have a guy in from the UK organizing it) and the two people who score highest across the boards will be offered a place.

O yeah sorry EternalGeek you had mentioned the Galway interview layout already, sorry completely forgot.

I wonder what these OSCEs are going to be like? I can't imagine they'll expect us to take patient histories or anything. It'll probably be looking at how we work in groups or something along those lines

O yeah sorry EternalGeek you had mentioned the Galway interview layout already, sorry completely forgot.

I wonder what these OSCEs are going to be like? I can't imagine they'll expect us to take patient histories or anything. It'll probably be looking at how we work in groups or something along those lines

They didn't get into details but you could prob check out done uk websites for ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ultimatehero

Now that the interviews are pretty much done and dusted (except for ucd) would anyone be willing to share their reasons for doing med in response to the 'why med' question? just out of interest.. its all anonymous here and what's said in boards stays in boards!!

Offers for Trinity are out

Offers for Trinity are out

Rejected :( hope everyone else was happy!

Rejected :( hope everyone else was happy!

Really sorry to hear that. You still have to hear from RCSI and Cork so stay positive

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Hey Fiddles44,
    Did you get an offer from Trinity?

Really sorry to hear that. You still have to hear from RCSI and Cork so stay positive

• Advertisement

I did, yeah!

How about you spacecat?

Advertisement