Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most useful Halo 4 loadouts?

• 08-11-2012 5:41pm

What are people finding are good loadouts for general use or specifically for different maps?

I'm a bit concerned about the effect that variable damage from stuff like grenades, shields, clip sizes, etc is going to have on the balance of the game. No more level playing field...

Some interesting options:

Promethean Vision, AA Efficiency, Awareness, DMR, Plasma Pistol, frag grenades. See everything and camp in one spot with a permanently scoped in DMR, picking people off relatively safely from a distance.
    Hardlight Shield, Grenadier, Explosives, Assault Rifle, any pistol, any grenade. A real tough nut, for leading a group of team mates in tight spaces or out-grenading people
    Thrusters, Shielding, Stability/Ammo, Battle Rifle, Magnum, any grenade. Be impossible to kill in an up close toe-to-toe situation and dance all over the place evading bullets. Imagine getting triple or quadruple teamed by a team full of these.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Playing field is very level I must say. At the moment I'm taking a liking to Promothean vision and have it on all my loadouts.

My current loadout list is:

L1: Br/ Mag / Frag/ PV/ Mob/ Aware
    L2: Br/ Ar/ Frag/ PV/ FP/ Dex <- Current favourite Loadout
    L3: Dmr/ Mag/ Frag/ PV/ AA/ Ammo
    L4: Dmr/ Plasma/ Frag/ Regen/ Gren / OP <- for BTB

I'm finding the DMR to be a more efficient and precise gun, but I love the feel of the BR... Finding it difficult to switch fully.. More for a sense of nostalgia than actual superiority. I also love FP as whipping out the AR to mop up never gets old. I'm hoping mlg keep it in their gametypes and don't go down the Slayer Pro route... Now that there is a balanced AR, I want to see it used more often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

In general have the fears of the cod style elements been justified or is it still the level playing field of old halos?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    In general have the fears of the cod style elements been justified or is it still the level playing field of old halos?

From what little experience I've had of it so far, Promethean vision is a game changer. It's just TOO good in multiplayer. It takes all the luck out of a 50/50 encounter anywhere that close quarters battles or a lot of cover is part of the gameplay. You're one step ahead of the other guy every time.

People will get used to it I guess, but it's just gonna change how CQB play is in halo from now on. You'll just have to assume that everybody can see what you're up to and where you are while you're reloading or waiting for your shields to recharge or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Leftyjrjr085

Im using that (tactical package, support upgrade forget which one) that allows me to have a primary weapon as my secondary.

Dmr and Br FTW

GT: Leftyjrjr085

Played some more multiplayer this evening. Promethean vision, plasma pistol, BR, and sprint/mobility is a seriously good loadout for close quarters games. You can see your opponent coming around a corner ahead of time, charge up a shot from the pistol, and take their shields off before they know what hit them. Then one shot from the BR and they're brown bread.

If they see you coming and retreat, you can just sprint after them and use the same tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I just started playing last night and Im liking DMR with hologram. Send the hologram out in front of you, someone starts shooting at it and you know where they are and can start shooting. Havent tried promethean vision yet but I like how people tend to be more concerned about my hologram when they see it first giving me a chance to get some damage done before they notice.

Advertisement