Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest internet cafe?

• 08-11-2012 5:46pm

Anybody know this please? I need to upload 50GB!!! If I could find somewhere that wouldn't take up my whole day I'd be delighted. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jesus 50gb upload via an an internet café!
    I'd say you would be hard pressed to find anything better than a 10mbps/T10 upload speed in the local cafés(which would be shared across all systems,so your throughput would be drastically lower) which running at theoretical maximum speed would be at least 22.5hrs upload....
    But would in reality be a 2 day run with bandwidth issues

You need at least a 100mbps/T100 upload speed to make it a practicable possibility and even then it would be a 3/4 hour upload.
    I don't know of any Internet café offering that speed.

Maybe the University or LIT computer Labs and some of the multinationals would have that speed available, don't know how you would access it though...
    I hope you find something because I'd be interested in a subscription! ;)

Advertisement