Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree Pics, rule discussion [Archived]

Options
  • 05-11-2012 9:52pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey everyone! Few little rules that myself and the other mods feel need to be added to keep this thread awesome.

- 1 (the most important rule!) NO QUOTING pics. It's jarring and takes up space. Please don't quote someone's pic. Simply refer to them by name or remove the img tags.

- 2 Please keep embedded images below 800 pixels wide. If you can't resize, simply post the picture as a URL link and people can click through to see. We will be editing peoples post to enforce this one.

Now, given that this forum is a place for you guys to discuss Christmas, we'd like your own input here.

Would you like this thread to be pictures only? i.e. no discussion would be allowed. This would keep the thread IMG only and be a nice little photo album of awesome Christmas trees. You can use the thanks button to say "I like your tree" without turning the thread into a chat fest.

Alternatively we can do something similar to the above and allow small amounts of relative posts without going majorly off topic and spamming the thread with text.

I'll add a poll to see what people think, if you care please vote :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Discussion aswell please,as it can be helpfull for others to see and ask questions on how that something could be done better...especially with regards Xmass tree lights and timers,and outdoor lights too.

We can all learn from one another here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I would like discussion too please!

Quoting pics drives me mad so thanks for the reminder. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Keep the discussion! It fills me full of Christmas spirit when people comment on how beautiful my tree is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Discussion. You can ask a poster where they got some fabulous decoration or such :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I shall leave discussion on this poll open til tomorrow evening, at which point I'll delete the poll and go with the majority vote. I'll move all discussion relating to it to a separate thread and lock it, just to have it for reference. I'll then edit the new rules into the first post.

DEMOCRACY :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I shall leave discussion on this poll open til tomorrow evening, at which point I'll delete the poll and go with the majority vote. I'll move all discussion relating to it to a separate thread and lock it, just to have it for reference. I'll then edit the new rules into the first post.

DEMOCRACY :P

For some reason, when I read that this sprung to mind,

:P

I hope its a discussion and pictures thread, good way to swap decorating ideas and tips :)

Just as long as Dark Onion doesn't do a "Mugabe" on the results.

I dunno if it's just me, but is it annoying for anyone else when pictures aren't embedded and you actually have to go to the effort of clicking into them? :o Would it be a good idea to give instructions in the OP as to how to embed an image?

Must move finger over mouse and press buton...must click on link/attachment to see picture.......:pac:

Must now get a fluid drip into arm and get bed rest,due to so much effort and energy used to view pictures.

Finger,mouse,click............Jeez,how hard is that to do??????????:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    Must move finger over mouse and press buton...must click on link/attachment to see picture.......:pac:

Must now get a fluid drip into arm and get bed rest,due to so much effort and energy used to view pictures.

Of course it's not difficult but it's a pain in the ass when someone has 5 or 6 links to pictures in one post and you want to click on them all to see. The thread would flow much better if they were just embedded.

Of course it's not difficult but it's a pain in the ass when someone has 5 or 6 links to pictures in one post and you want to click on them all to see. The thread would flow much better if they were just embedded.

People have every right to post their pictures they way the feel like posting them.

Now,can you stop taking away from the festive mood and stop complaining about it please.

Thankyou.:)

• Advertisement

People have every right to post their pictures they way the feel like posting them.

Now,can you stop taking away from the festive mood and stop complaining about it please.

Thankyou.:)

Eh no, I just made a suggestion, that other people agreed with.

And you would be the same person who also made it their business to PM me recently too,telling me to change how I attach pictures in my posts.

Give it a rest and get off peoples backs over the matter.

If you have a problem with how people post their pictures then theres a certain little icon that you can use to report the post.

This is a Christmass tree thread,so stop going on about peoples pictures and how they post them.

Merry Christmass.

I've never PM'd you, I've never even come across you on boards before, so get your facts right. I made one friendly post on it and you got your knickers in a twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Eh no, I just made a suggestion, that other people agreed with.

I don't know how many years I'm in boards and I still don't know how to embed a photo :( Sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

But there's an awful lot of us who aren't on computers with mouses, who browse Boards on our phones. And it's feckin annoying having to go opening up a photo link in a new tab to see it, it's not usually as simple as just clicking the button on the mouse! Most of the time, unless a photo is embedded, I just don't even bother looking at it, especially if I've a load of other tabs open on my mobile browser already.

I don't know how many years I'm in boards and I still don't know how to embed a photo :(Sorry :(

FOR WHAT??????:confused:

You have nothing to be sorry for my friend.:)

Mod

The local mods will have comments to make regarding posts.

In the mean time can we drop it about pics. Thanks.

Thankyou.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement