Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #91

Options
  • 08-11-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

Here the latest Album of the Week. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Here's the breakdown of the votes. Only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Band|Album|Votes
    Katatonia|Night is the New Day|3
    Sleep|Dopesmoker|2
    Stone Sour|House of Gold & Bones|2

If i'm honest,i've never listened to Katatonia so i might just check it out seeing as they have a few fans here.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Only listening to it for about the third or fourth time right now, very enjoyable album. Going to see them in December and really looking forward to it :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Katatonia has a remarkable discography in terms of quality. Their somber and morose theme is recurrent throughout, with each album presented in an altering fashion. Musically, I think Night Is The New Day is their most diverse effort, it combines heavy metal, doom metal and electronica to give a more progressive sound compared to their earlier releases.

This album was a real grower for me, but I grew to really love it. The sound is depressive, gothic and sullen, but so aesthetically pleasing. The effective combination of electronic music and doom metal is what makes this album extraordinarily absorbing.

I'm looking forward to their gig in The Button Factory on Dec 14th, it'll be the day after my birthday too.

Advertisement