Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Feral Kitten; New Home

• 08-11-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello

4 days ago I adopted a kitten. Friend of mine she took two kittens from her garden, they came over to her house with for food and she keep them for week and half, in a mean time she give this kitten to some other people, but she/he run away from there place. I'm very carful once opening balcony.
    Unfortunately I couldn't took two as I'm living in not too big apartment
    I'm sure the one missing the other kitten, he's/she's hiding behind the coach and coming out when we slipping and mewing at night, and using her toilet and eating..
    very very shy feral kitten.

She/he might be like 4 months old or a bit more, because of this situation kitten never been in Veterinary Clinic
    never vaccination, worming and de-flee ( I presume for spaying/neutering is to early)
    I would like to do all of those but the problem is that she/he is so traumatized and I'm working to get his/her trust that I don't know how to sort this issue?
    from the email you might also know that I don't even know if it's boy or girl...

Please advise!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Even in the smallest apartment 2 cats are better than one, they'll keep each other company and play together.
    Get the kitten used to you by sitting quietly near its food and ignoring it. Don't reach out to it or speak, let it gradually explore and get closer to you. In time you can start to interact slowly, put your hand on the ground and let the kitten come and sniff. Be patient, he'll come around eventually.
    Worm treatment should be your priority healthwise, and it would be worth catching the kitten whatever it takes, and bringing it to the vet asap. Then start making friends...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Omenn

Thanks a mill for your reply!
    Will try to follow your directions

Advertisement