Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new graphics card

Options
  • 08-11-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my current graphics card. I tried running Max Payne 3 on it and well it works, but really really badly. I'm looking to get a new one that will run this and COD BO2 well.

This is what I have already

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    and
    Intel Core i5-2400 Box, LGA1155
    ASRock H61M-HVS (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")
    AXP 630W Power Supply
    Gigabite Triton 180 Case

My budget is €200 max, preferable less. Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Double C wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my current graphics card. I tried running Max Payne 3 on it and well it works, but really really badly. I'm looking to get a new one that will run this and COD BO2 well.

This is what I have already

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    and
    Intel Core i5-2400 Box, LGA1155
    ASRock H61M-HVS (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")
    AXP 630W Power Supply
    Gigabite Triton 180 Case

My budget is €200 max, preferable less. Any suggestions please?

HD7850, or if you can stretch it get a HD7870.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Thanks for that Eboggles. Is the power supply I have sufficient for those cards? I havent changed that since I bought the original rig about 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Double C wrote: »
    Thanks for that Eboggles. Is the power supply I have sufficient for those cards? I havent changed that since I bought the original rig about 5 years ago.
    The system should only pull 300 watts from the wall, so if the PSU is of good quality you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Great stuff. Only thing is I'm tempted to go for the HD7870. Wheres the best place to get it? HWVS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Cheapest 7870 on Dabs is €245 delivered, from Amazon is €200, and I can't check HWVS as they're down again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement