Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox bundles 2012... where's best value please

Options
  • 08-11-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello my two under twelve year olds are looking Xbox for Christmas... Where's the best offer and what extras would I need with it please... Also cheap telly recommendation to go with it please ;-)
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving to Xbox Forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Are you looking for Kinect? If so you can get the 4gb plus Kinect, one controller, Kinect Adventures and another select Kinect game for 250 in Smyths. The 4gb plus Kinect RRP is 299 so it ain't half bad. 4GB is useless in an online context though, 250GB version of the offer is 360 in Smyths but you get three select Kinect games instead of just one or any one Xbox game of your choice

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GSXR_GUY

This was the best deal i could get for what my son wanted http://www.xtra-vision.ie/console-bundles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

No argument with that Xtra Vision one, potentially 150 quids worth of games altogether. Unless you want Kinect its the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

I picked on up in HMV for 209Euro. It came with Halo 4, Skyim dl code, Forza 4, controller and 3 months member ship. Great Deal so I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

marko93 wrote: »
    I picked on up in HMV for 209Euro. It came with Halo 4, Skyim dl code, Forza 4, controller and 3 months member ship. Great Deal so I think!
    Damn that is a good deal!

Meesared wrote: »
    Damn that is a good deal!
    Yeah! Couldn't say no when I seen it,

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

Argos have a good looking deal:

XBOX 4GB
    Kinect
    Kinect Adventures, Kinect Disneyland, FIFA, Just Dance 3
    Toy Story 3 (on DVD)
    €267.99

Does anyone know if all XBOX's come with one wireless controller? It doesn't specify that there's one with the bundle

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&langId=111&searchTerms=GREAT+DEALS+ON+DISNEY+XBOX&authToken=&tag=ie:cat:tg:offer:ps3

mojor wrote: »
    Argos have a good looking deal:

XBOX 4GB
    Kinect
    Kinect Adventures, Kinect Disneyland, FIFA, Just Dance 3
    Toy Story 3 (on DVD)
    €267.99

Does anyone know if all XBOX's come with one wireless controller? It doesn't specify that there's one with the bundle

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&langId=111&searchTerms=GREAT+DEALS+ON+DISNEY+XBOX&authToken=&tag=ie:cat:tg:offer:ps3
    They do

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluepencil

ok i've booked the argos one..but i've found this one... on littlewoods and i have a 10% discount code meaning it will cost 368.00

what do you think....

hmv sounds good too but halo is that not too old.... ??

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-360-250gb-console-with-kinect-kinect-adventures-kinect-sports-season-1-downloadable-dance-central-2-and-free-fifa-13/1181895358.prd?amendCommerceItemId=148489000151

free delivery too

• Advertisement

bluepencil wrote: »
    ok i've booked the argos one..but i've found this one... on littlewoods and i have a 10% discount code meaning it will cost 368.00

what do you think....

hmv sounds good too but halo is that not too old.... ??

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-360-250gb-console-with-kinect-kinect-adventures-kinect-sports-season-1-downloadable-dance-central-2-and-free-fifa-13/1181895358.prd?amendCommerceItemId=148489000151

free delivery too
    Halo 4 came out 2 or 3 weeks ago, so no, its not old at all!

Checked HMV yesterday.

Promotion now includes Black Ops II and a 3 month online pass(out of 12 months)

All for 209 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Meesared wrote: »
    Halo 4 came out 2 or 3 weeks ago, so no, its not old at all!

I think he meant was it too old to be played by his under 12 kids :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Am thinking of buying one for Chrimbo myself.......for the kids dont ya know,the problem is I have no clue what various features are required.
    I am getting the kinect thingy but after that I dont know how many giggle bits and what controllers are required.Can anyone give an idiots guide to xbox and what features to look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

marko93 wrote: »
    Checked HMV yesterday.

Promotion now includes Black Ops II and a 3 month online pass(out of 12 months)

All for 209 quid.

Beware the Forza 4 included in these holiday deals is the Essentials edition which only comes with 1 disc, that considerably less cars then the full fat edition. You have to buy the rest of the cars and tracks from the market place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Check this thread out

Just ordered one and it came to 198

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056810858

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Beware the Forza 4 included in these holiday deals is the Essentials edition which only comes with 1 disc, that considerably less cars then the full fat edition. You have to buy the rest of the cars and tracks from the market place.

Yeah? Well to be honest I haven't touched it or looked at it since I brought it home. :P My bad for not posting the full info about the game! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Seems like that Amazon deal is gone now. Can anyone confirm what the current deal is in HMV? Is it a 250gb console, Halo 4, DL code for Skyrim and a 3 month xbox live membership for €209? Whats this about COD BLOPS 2 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Briman89

SK1979 wrote: »
    Seems like that Amazon deal is gone now. Can anyone confirm what the current deal is in HMV? Is it a 250gb console, Halo 4, DL code for Skyrim and a 3 month xbox live membership for €209? Whats this about COD BLOPS 2 as well?

I was in hmv in Dublin today and couldn't see this offer.. Saw one for xbox with one game alright for 219.. Does the 209 offer wih halo 4 still exist and if so where?

Briman89 wrote: »
    I was in hmv in Dublin today and couldn't see this offer.. Saw one for xbox with one game alright for 219.. Does the 209 offer wih halo 4 still exist and if so where?

Halo 4 offer isn't there anymore. Has moved on to BLOPS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

There was something in the bargain alerts forum for a 250gb two games or something and 12month Xbox live subscription for €191.

Edit

Never mind I see it linked above

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

I got an Xbox 360 4g console. I have no idea about new fangled gadgets, so can anybody explain to me how to go live on it? I have broadband on the house - do I need to plug a broadband lead into the xbox or what? I honestly haven't a clue what I am doing. Any help in plain English would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Damnit, I missed the amazon deal. Seems I missed the HMV deal.

Anyone have any ideas where to go for a good deal now in Dublin? Anywhere in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Briman89

Funkfield wrote: »
    Damnit, I missed the amazon deal. Seems I missed the HMV deal.

Anyone have any ideas where to go for a good deal now in Dublin? Anywhere in Dublin?

Yeah I seem to have missed both deals also.. Couldn't see anything like the deal for 209 in HMV when I had a quick look tuesday.

If anyone does know of any good deals in Dublin that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I got an Xbox 360 4g console. I have no idea about new fangled gadgets, so can anybody explain to me how to go live on it? I have broadband on the house - do I need to plug a broadband lead into the xbox or what? I honestly haven't a clue what I am doing. Any help in plain English would be much appreciated.

if you have wifi in the house you can connect to that; you'll have to edit the network settings on the xbox i.e. enter wifi password etc.. if it's close enough to your broadband router you can plug an ethernet cable between the two instead - this is preferable to wifi. once you are connected, set up your profile on the xbox.

if you need more specific answers feel free to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

Hi All

Any updates on where the best bundles are at the moment?

I am looking for an XBox for my 9 year old son for Christmas.

Thanks

Christy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

ChristyM wrote: »
    Hi All

Any updates on where the best bundles are at the moment?

I am looking for an XBox for my 9 year old son for Christmas.

Thanks

Christy

I see Gamestop have an xbox 360 kinect 250 gb with three games for €339

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I got an Xbox 360 250GB with three games Forza, Skyrim and Dishonoured for €219 at HMV Grafton Street last Monday.

Advertisement