Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for friends in Dublin

Options
  • 08-11-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

I'm an international student here in Waterford, Ireland, and I'm loving my stay here <3

I was in Dublin city last weekend, but had no friends to hang out...

I'd love to meet some cool and friendly people, if somebody's interested to meet up in Dublin or Waterford, or just be friends on facebook for the moment to get to know each other better, maybe?

The link to my facebook profile is on my page.

Thanks

Sean O'Jamot (My new Irish name)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Have you tried MeetUp.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShahnawazJamot

Thanks JuliusCaesar, I just checked that website, and it showed a lot of groups :) I'll definitely try that :)
    I came through that website, and I looked for groups in Waterford, but there wasn't any... so I gave up... but this website has lots of groups for Dubiln :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Take a look at couchsurfing.org as well they have a Waterford group plus a Dublin group

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ShahnawazJamot

Hi Laneyh,

Thanks for your suggestion :)

I didn't try the dublin group in couchsurfing yet, but I sent couchsurfing requests to many people in Dublin, only few of them replied, and most of them were out of the city...

I sent messages to people in Waterford group, but I didn't get any reply back...

I'll try the Dublin group in couchsurfing for sure, next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I would second meet-up.com since it's purely for what you want, meeting up! It has tons of groups to choose from including new to Ireland type groups, it's really active so I'd say that is your best bet, best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Closing this thread (and two others) as you've cross posted this in multiple forums. Please stick to the one thread. The first thread you posted (here) is still open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement