Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you like in Santa Grotto? cheaper?or expensive w/ good quality present/ photo

Options
  • 08-11-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All,
    just wondering if any parents out there would like to offer their thoughts on Santas Grottos. As a parent i think the cost has gone crazy over the last few years in particular, and am currently organising a santas Grotto in a shopping centre, the proceeds of which will go to Charity. Obviously trying to keep the costs down so as to make it a success for the charity but also trying to make it something parents will be happy with cost wise. I wouldnt like to be charging too much in these times.
    basically im wondering would parents prefer a grotto charging say 3 or 4 euro and child gets a bag of sweets and parents take their own photo on own camera, or more expensive 6 euro with an actual present?
    would love to get any feedback from parents
    Thanks very much ,
    Bigalee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Hiya, there was a fantastic Santa in Manor West shopping centre in tralee last year. He was in the middle of the centre beside the christmas tree, he was seated on a gorgeous red and gold throne and foot stool, in full view of everyone, sectioned off with red ropes. Soooo Magical... He gave sweets to every child who spoke with him and the parents took their own photo and put a donation in the box... It was just gorgeous... We stumbled accross him after paying a small fortune to see the santa in crag caves, which was good but our photo was rubbish... So will be bypassing crag caves this year and going straight to Manor West on Tralee... I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I hate the presents, no matter how expensive it is to see Santa it's always some plastic crap that'll get forgotten about before Santa even arrives.

Just go with treat size chocolate bars or something like that and keep the cost to a minimum.

Also - do your hiring well: find a Santa with a real beard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Have to agree with the other posters, a good santa is the hardest part. The beards should be real, the suit good quality and they must love children. I know it sounds common sense, but how many times have we taken our kids to see santa and been disappointed with the experience.

Get the basics right and you can get away with having minimum costs elsewhere etc... A santa that listens and takes interest in the child is far more fulfilling than a toy which will break by the end of the day.

Advertisement