Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contour levels for house planning application

Options
  • 08-11-2012 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I am about to submit a planning application for my house.

can you please tell me , do i need to submit contour levels for the entire site, or will the leves for the house, finished floor level, perculation area etc be enough

Jo

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Contours are a must for most Planning submissions. What's your architect saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

You will need levels throughout your own site together with roof and floor levels of any adacent structures together with levels of adjacent roads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭rayjdav

TBH, Spot levels take from a Dumpy will do. Who ever is doing your application will be doing levels anyway so an additional few spots taken with dumpy and staff will suffice to get the application validated. If detailed contours are required, the co co will RFI it later. All levels regardless are relativ to a TBM (Temporary Bench Mark) anyway. Common sense makes the decisionn really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

jocotty wrote: »
    Hi,

I am about to submit a planning application for my house.

can you please tell me , do i need to submit contour levels for the entire site, or will the leves for the house, finished floor level, perculation area etc be enough

Jo

Assuming its a reasonably small site. I'd say your intended levels above are good enough. If you have additional levels, stick em on. I have found that the more detailed the application the more information is requested. I've seen some shocking applications on-line that have got through with little and inaccurate detail.

Check on-line for nearby applications similar to your own.

Advertisement