Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed in Cork area

Options
  • 08-11-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all new user here. A mate of mine is after ordering new parts for his PC. The problem is he ordered a z68 motherboard (got it for a really good price) but he ordered a i5 - 3570K with it. This board needs a BIOS flash to work witht his chip and to do that it needs a Sandy Bridge processor. Is there anyone in the Cork or Waterford area that has a Sandy Bridge CPU that they aren't using (maybe following an upgrade and are trying to sell it) that they would be willing to loan for an hour or so? I know it's an unusual request but we are desperate. If someone is selling one cheaply (something like a celeron G440 or such) we would take that too.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Return the CPU and get a Sandy or the MB and get Z77. Ivy on a Z68 is waste.

Advertisement