Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed re accidental damage

• 08-11-2012 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all... been a reader here for a long time, but never joined. Joining now because i need a bit of advice.

just backed my classic into a pole in a ccar park when the other half was directing me back. stupidly i was looking at her to guide me and not my mirrors.

What should I do? car was unmolested, unrestored and never crashed. what will insurance co say if i go to them.. maybe that it was my fault?
    I still am too shook to see how bad damage is. I reckon about 2-3 k to put right if as bad as i think.. new rear bumper, repair to rear wing.. not looked underneath yet.
    I have no valuation cert for car...

What are your opinions, apart from the obvious.. don't let a woman bak you in etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

What car is it?
    I don't know what the story is with no claims discounts as you usually don't earn a bonus with classic policies, is it linked to your main policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

walsher52 wrote: »
    Hi all... been a reader here for a long time, but never joined. Joining now because i need a bit of advice.

just backed my classic into a pole in a ccar park when the other half was directing me back. stupidly i was looking at her to guide me and not my mirrors.

What should I do? car was unmolested, unrestored and never crashed. what will insurance co say if i go to them.. maybe that it was my fault?
    I still am too shook to see how bad damage is. I reckon about 2-3 k to put right if as bad as i think.. new rear bumper, repair to rear wing.. not looked underneath yet.
    I have no valuation cert for car...

What are your opinions, apart from the obvious.. don't let a woman bak you in etc

Wow, €3K from backing into a pole..
    Were you pushing it on a bit or is it a high end classic??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 walsher553

ok... forgot the password I used to log in, had to set up new account. Frazzled.!

Wasn't going fast thank god, but definitely ****ed up rear bumper, its a high end ish merc, so that won't be cheap. its pushed into wing one one side but honestly too sickened to check if it has pushed in wing, or look under car..

what will ins co say as regards how it happened? its now a damaged car, even repaired.. sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

if you have comprehensive cover, then they won't care how you damaged it, as long as YOU were the driver and YOU are insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 walsher553

on this policy, for this particular car, I am a named driver. How does it affect the main policy holder though? Not their main car policy, but their classic one?
    How will it affect value of car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Take a couple of photos and we could give you a bit more help, I might even have parts as I have a few Mercs scrapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

can you swing a claim unto Vojtek's insurance at all?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

When renewing insurance with a regular policy, aren't you asked if you've made any claims in the last 5 years?

I'd have to assume that includes claims on other policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Put up a picture without the reg and we'll give an opinion, bits for old mercs are readily available new and secondhand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I made a claim last year for about €800 after hitting a deer!
    my policy halved this year :D, mostly due to hitting an age milestone.

It seemed not to have made any difference that I had made a claim. But maybe it was the amount that was involved

• Advertisement
Advertisement