Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs. Friday and Saturday nights

Options
  • 08-11-2012 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm wondering what clubs in Dublin City Centre/Temple Bar are good on a Friday and Saturday night? I'm planning to go out for my birthday (don't want to book anything though) and I can't decide where to go. I've searched the forum but the older threads are a bit dated.
    I'd just be looking for the club to play top 40 chart music really so as to keep everyone happy :P I'd like the place to be slightly more upmarket but not posh if you know what I mean :P Cheap entrance fee and drink promos would be preferable but not essential.
    I've grown tired of my usual spots. The button Factory has a gay night every Saturday (love it on Fridays though), Dicey riley's is too packed and Propaganda has started to attract the wrong crowd. Me and my friends are all 18/19 so we can't go anywhere that has a strict over 21's policy.
    Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

That Lafayette place on Westmoreland Street where Redz used to be?not my type of place,but have cousins in your age group that love it.

http://www.lafayettecafebar.ie/

Same for Alchemy on Fleet Street

http://www.alchemyclub.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I used to love Dandelion on Stephen's Green - not sure what their age policy is though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Dandelion used to be good but I hate it now :/
    Think I'll try Alchemy. Have heard nothing but good things about the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Dandelion used to be good but I hate it now :/
    Think I'll try Alchemy. Have heard nothing but good things about the place :D

Other chart music places:

Fitzsimmons
    Turkshead
    Club M
    Club nassau
    Break for the border
    Underground
    Baggot inn
    Mcgrattans
    Howl at the moon
    D2
    Rain
    Camden palace
    Buck whaleys ......plenty of late bar/clubs too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Coppers.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

liffeylite wrote: »
    Other chart music places:

Fitzsimmons
    Turkshead
    Club M
    Club nassau
    Break for the border
    Underground
    Baggot inn
    Mcgrattans
    Howl at the moon
    D2
    Rain
    Camden palace
    Buck whaleys ......plenty of late bar/clubs too!

I've heard good things about break for the border too :D Might go there the night before :L
    Coppers.

That is all.

Thanks but no thanks :L

Advertisement