Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Motherboard has **** Ethernet driver

Options
  • 08-11-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

you might remember, but a few months back was looking for help picking a motherboard and an SSD. So I went with the general recommendation

ASROCK 970 Extreme3

I took a few months to install, lazy bones me. It works fine, SSD's work fine all is good, bar the internet.

I'm on a 150mb line with UPC and I'm not able to get more then 4mb/s , while other devices in the house get the full whack. The ping is in the hundreds and just in bits.

I've looked and it appears the drivers are the latest ( I think)

It was mentioned a few people had this board, so could someone maybe advise on how to resolve the very obvious issue with the Ethernet :)

THanks,
    Doc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Few simple things:

Have you checked the pins in the socket are all ok?

Have you tried a different cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ED E wrote: »
    Few simple things:

Have you checked the pins in the socket are all ok?

Have you tried a different cable?

Actually turns out that there is a utility included called "XLAN"

Removed this and got isntant improvement

Just so happens there is a major issue with my service at the moment for the last few weeks that UPC are failing to acknowledge, so I'm over on the boradband forum looking for assistance now ;)

In summary, running ping tests to router, getting high results, run ping to google.ie, high results,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My service has dropped twice in the last week and I've had to power cycle to resync. Irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ED E wrote: »
    My service has dropped twice in the last week and I've had to power cycle to resync. Irritating.

Service isnt dropping on my end.

Just very high pings, low download speed and just piss poor sporadic service.

UPC are wiping their hands of it, which isn't ideal.

Advertisement