Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scum in this city.

Options
  • 08-11-2012 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I am from Dublin, I love Dublin, but tonight I am disgusted by what happened in the city I love.

My son, 14 and three of his friends were jumped by two complete scumbags in pimlico, What for ? Nothing apparently ! Nothing was stolen, this was just for fun so it seems.

One child is in hospital with a fractured skull, one has a broken nose. The other two are ok thankfully.

These are children for ****s sake, 14 is still a child, how could anyone inflict this kind of violence of a child ?

Im sickened to the core.

And as for the scumbags who did this, nothing will ever done about this most likely.

No real reason for my thread, just had to vent it because I know there will be no justice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

Because they'll get away with it, they'll think they'll get away with it next time and carma will get them!

Don't worry, take solace in knowing the scum will have no real future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sorry to hear that OP. Hope your son is ok.

Did you report it to the Gardaí?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

keith16 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that OP. Hope your son is ok.

Did you report it to the Gardaí?

Thanks. My lad is grand, but the other fella is in some state .

Its madness, this was 4.30 in the afternoon, lads just left school and were on their way to Digital hub where they are doing after school IT course, four decent lads, not even the type to provoke anyone. Maybe thats why, they probably looked vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pimlico

Sorry to hear that Tempura, hope they'll be ok. Pure scum whoever done it. I live in Pimlico (born and raised here) and unfortunately stories like your sons and his friends are getting way more common in this area. There is nothing but gangs of teens going around this and adjacent area's and nine times out of ten they're just looking for trouble.

I'd definitely say it was a case that they saw your son and his pals and thought they were an easy target, Pure Scum.

Again, hopefully your son and his friends will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately,has happenned to me before.Very frightening all the same.

Have you reported the incident to the Gardai?

• Advertisement

Pimlico wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Tempura, hope they'll be ok. Pure scum whoever done it. I live in Pimlico (born and raised here) and unfortunately stories like your sons and his friends are getting way more common in this area. There is nothing but gangs of teens going around this and adjacent area's and nine times out of ten they're just looking for trouble.

I'd definitely say it was a case that they saw your son and his pals and thought they were an easy target, Pure Scum.

Again, hopefully your son and his friends will be ok.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it. Im from Dublin 8 myself and love the area, know Pimlico well. What has shocked me more then anything is the fact that its children who were attacked. Hearing about adults being mugged etc is horrific and im not taking away from the seriousness of that, but kids ! and that level of violence is beyond belief !

I know im beginning to sound all Joe Duffy here, but something has to be done about that level of violence, the sheer brute force it takes to fracture a skull, its frightening to think that children are at such risk.

Again, thanks . Im just so angry tonight, I feel sick .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

It's disgusting , same thing happened to my neighbour a couple of weeks ago. Quiet lad , bothers no one and doesn't ''hang around'' with anyone just goes to and from college. He was beaten up on his way home from college. Left with a broken nose and cracked ribs and for the same reason as your son and his friends - absolutely none. This lad rarely goes out as it is , now he wont go out at all.

I hope your son and his friends are not affected too badly. Sad times to live in.

Just wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately,has happenned to me before.Very frightening all the same.

Have you reported the incident to the Gardai?

Thanks, yep it has been reported, going to follow it up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Must be something in the air tonight. I seen more incidents in town tonight than I've seen in a while. Some scumbag just started kicking a man for no reason on Westmoreland street and a group of scumbags were hassling a busker on Grafton street earlier too among other things I saw.
    There's nothing that can be done :( It's impossible to get them unless a guard actually sees it happening. They should be rounded up and sent to live on an island in isolation like the old days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Sorry to hear this OP happened to me 2 weeks ago in the city centre luckly I wasn't to badly hit anyways hopefully the guards catch who did this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Green Mile wrote: »

I agree with this. They will have nothing for the rest of their lives, whereas your son and his mates are already doing IT courses after school at 14 etc and seem like hard working lads already.

Tired of hearing stories like this, absolute lowest form of scum there is. I hate the very sound of these bastards. Funny how they dont target the bigger lads.

Hope his friend will be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

as long as the government bend over for germany, they dont really care about their own people

Im past caring myself- everyman for themselves these days so it seems

Sorry to hear about your son and his friends though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

as long as the government bend over for germany, they dont really care about their own people

Im past caring myself- everyman for themselves these days so it seems

Sorry to hear about your son and his friends though

True guards do feck all! Is it just me or is the junkie problem gotten worse in the city over the past few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Sadly there are scum in every city, and in every town, in every country.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Unfortunately this happened to my neighbour recently, not in the CC though, a suburb. He's only 14 :( Completely unprovoked, lads older than them, and in day light. The kids won't give evidence as they are too scared. It's sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Nothing surprises me anymore. A friend of mine was walking home after work at about 6pm (Last year) when two scumbags thought it would be funny to swing a punch as they walked past. Broke his nose in the process.

As a previous poster said it's every man for himself these days.:mad:
    I hope your friends son recovers soon OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

on the contrary they have a bright future thanks to good ole "tink of de poor, its not deir fault" Ireland. Dole & Benefits for life, free houses, medical card, no prison despite racking up dozens if not hundred on convictions, no morals, will breed like rabbits and produce another generation exactly like them and have the state (read me you and everyone else work) pay for it all.

For the scum in Ireland it's a free and easy ticket at everyone elses expense and they don't even bother staying in education long enough to know better and try and break the cycle. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

on the contrary they have a bright future thanks to good ole "tink of de poor, its not deir fault" Ireland. Dole & Benefits for life, free houses, medical card, no prison despite racking up dozens if not hundred on convictions, no morals, will breed like rabbits and produce another generation exactly like them and have the state (read me you and everyone else work) pay for it all.

For the scum in Ireland it's a free and easy ticket at everyone elses expense and they don't even bother staying in education long enough to know better and try and break the cycle. :mad:

Paid for by 'normal' people who don't feel the need to fracture children's skulls because they don't like the look of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

Then why don't we all live-by that biased view and all become scum and live a handy life?

I agree with what you are saying but only to an extent. There's more to it than that.
    Just take a look at these guys in a few years and the way they live.
    They'll live in damp flats, eat the cheapest of foods for their lives, have no hot water and will probably die at the age of 50. They more than likely will be in prison at least twice in their lives.

I think carma will get these guy and they will indirectly pay for what they did to the OPs son and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Then why don't we all live-by that biased view and all become scum and live a handy life?

I agree with what you are saying but only to an extent. There's more to it that that.
    Just take a look at these guys in a few years and the way they live.
    They'll live in damp flats, eat the cheapest of foods for their lives, have no hot water and will probably die at the age of 50. They more than luckily will be in prison at least twice in their lives.

I think carma will get these guy and they will indirectly pay for what they did to the OPs son and friends.

The sad thing is I think Karma gets very few of these guys. Damp flat my arse!! - most of them will live their lives in fairly plush council housing, have a bigger TV than you or me, take several foreign holidays a year, all funded by the taxpayer (In addition to collecting the dole most of these scumbags will have additional sources of unreported income). They'll also spend probably seven nights a week in the pub so maybe regards the dying at 50 comment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

So the young generation is behaving badly? But why? I always ask myself, where are the parents or other guardians, when their offspring causes trouble? Where are the positive role models in our society? Someone who teaches those kids respect?

Was pushed off the bike a few times, witnessed a guy in a wheelchair almost being pushed out of the chair by some kids...just to mention.

their parents are 2nd or 3rd generation addicts from drugs or drink or simply dont care enough to parent their children as they were brought on this earth as a cash cow or due to simply not bagging up.

the cycle will never break unless things change, simple things like the idea in the UK no more child allowance to familes with more than 2 kids for starters

as for dampl flats etc this is not the case, most live in private accomodation where the average worker pays 1k to live in an appartment they live next door and pay 15e a week for the same place.

government cutbacks on so many resource centres, guardai -people can literally get away with murder and even if they are caught - a light sentence with their mates in the joy -gym, ps3 and drugs every night.

Then they come out and breed more

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

The amount of public drinking in Dublin 8 is a bloody joke at this stage (and I suppose it's not only drinking they are doing). I often walk from James Hospital to DIT Aungier Street and you'd regularly see it at the monument on James Street across from The Tram pub, outside Lidl and around Lamb Alley and the Back Lane near Mother Redcaps. These winos mightn't bother any but it is their spawn that are carrying out these random attacks on innocent passers by. I walked down Lamb Alley yesterday beside Spar Thomas Street and there were 3 different groups of middle aged men drinking their cheap cider. Maybe I should report this to the guards but the only thing that would happen is that they will move somewhere else.

I actually feel sorry for the guards. They are so over worked and simply dont have the resources or funding. It must annoy them as much as the public when they cant do as much as they would like due to prioritising or just over stretched.

It is evident the irish government genuinely dont care about their own people, as long as they meet germany's conditions and are paid well themselves -they dont care

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

tempura wrote: »
    I am from Dublin, I love Dublin, but tonight I am disgusted by what happened in the city I love.

My son, 14 and three of his friends were jumped by two complete scumbags in pimlico, What for ? Nothing apparently ! Nothing was stolen, this was just for fun so it seems.

I live just beside Pimlico and I have to say, the kids here are the worst I've ever seen. The bins in my block are constantly being set on fire and every night, about 4 or 5 times, they attempt to kick in all the front doors along the street. I have even seen them smash in car windows and run off, just for fun.

They also regularly pelt tourists coming and going to the Guinness Brewery with stones, bottles, batteries etc..

These are boys (and girls) from about 12 upwards.

It has been brought up at residents meetings etc, but the general consensus appears to be 'do nothing cos we don't want to make enemies of them'

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

Ironman76 wrote: »
    They will have nothing for the rest of their lives, whereas your son and his mates are already doing IT courses after school at 14 etc and seem like hard working lads already.

Wow, I think the scumbags that sent those children to hospital and put their lives in danger are now shaking in pain thinking about they having no future and the OP's son and the other nice guys end up having a degree an a nine to five job ten years from now. It shocks me big time how can some people be so naive and can't understand a bit about what goes in the "mind" of those scumbags.

Know what? Scumbags don't care sh1t about their own lives, how could the care about others' ones? They more than know there is nothing for them along the road but progressing from what they are now to professional and increasingly dangerous criminals. And they absolutely like it, they laugh out loud at your naiveness about good people having a future. They DO have a future, even if you don't like it. And know what? You are happily paying for their current and future "achievements" in the criminal world by letting them spend your hard earned money via unlimited government grants , subsidies, benefits and rent allowances.
    Funny how they dont target the bigger lads.
    What is "funny" (read "astonishing") is that NONE of the parents in the area, and it looks like this is not the only incident that have happened, and most likely the aggressors are the same bunch of retards have done NOTHING about it. Neighbor patrol anyone? It only takes one pissed father for the scumbags to stop, it seems we the good people are stupid enough to still trust the authorities for this kinds of stuff. The Garda needs only put out of the streets the guys ONCE, and they will no longer be a problem to the taxpayers. I guess the Gardai just don't care about their job more than the regular Joe cares about his own: don't get into trouble, and get the paycheck, rinse, repeat.

You are mixing apples to oranges here (or apples to bricks, that are even more unlike each other). Have the authorities done anything about this problem prior to 2009, or is it that scumbags, knackers, open air drug dealing and the likes in downtown Dublin have appeared all at once overnight after the former government gave up and asked for a bailout?
    There's nothing that can be done :(

There are LOTS of things to be done. Bastards do mostly what is "free" for them to do. If destroying property bears no punishment, they will continue having fun doing so. If harassing and kicking the hell out of normal people goes unpunished, they will keep doing so. They see ZERO risk in doing what they do, as do their parents. They don't fear the authorities, which are like puppies when dealing with day to day crime. And they absolutely aren't afraid of the vast majority of us, who are simply normal people struggling to make a happy living.

I may not be the best person in the world, but if a son of mine was hit hard by those pieces of crap, and my son could no longer hit the street on panic to be hit again (and this is going to happen to those poor guys to a certain extent no matter what), I know of a bunch of idiots that would had a try at some big piece of wood, well in their mouths. Just for them to make sure no aggression goes unpunished. Would those morons dear to try and hit a handful of rugby player-sized lads? I'm sure they wouldn't, they are criminals, but they are not THAT stupid.
    It's impossible to get them unless a guard actually sees it happening. They should be rounded up and sent to live on an island in isolation like the old days :P
    A brutal aggression like the ones reported are very serious criminal acts and should end with all the scumbags involved behind bars for a long minimum time (10 years). This is not "I was young and influenced by bad companies, and I took 50€ worth of booze from a store while the tender wasn't looking". This is a whole different story. Those assholes don't have any consideration for peoples lives and welfare, they should be put out of society for long enough for them to behave. If they don't ever behave, they shouldn't ever be released.

Another thing to do is linking household benefits to criminal records: any of the household members commits a crime, benefits are reduced or suppressed altogether. That would be a huge driving factor towards scumbag-like families trying to make their children behave. One thing is the taxpayers shelling money big time for them to live on the dole/RA/whatever, and a very different thing is they use OUR money to crush our children's skulls, break our cars' windows and mirrors, or enter our homes and take everything valuable with them.

Societies are a result of the people living in them, if you (we) in Ireland have decided that it is more important to let scumbags rule the street rather than return the street to families and children, so be it. Keep big locks on doors and windows, buy your child an X-Box, and stay indoors to enjoy your 30-year variable-rate mortgage on a house that isn't worth a fraction of the price you paid.

no im not mixing apples with oranges, my point was that there is a considerable less amount of guardai presence on the streets due to funding cuts, in return there is more crime and a less sucess rate of catching the criminals

pretty straightforward to me

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

no im not mixing apples with oranges, my point was that there is a considerable less amount of guardai presence on the streets due to funding cuts, in return there is more crime and a less sucess rate of catching the criminals

pretty straightforward to me

What good is having more Gardai on the streets, if the most they can do it put the scumbags our of the area for as long as "Justice" wants (which, when dealing with "children", tends to be for days, if at all)?

As I said, it only takes ONE single arrest to return the streets in the area to their legitimate owners, which is families and businesses. Only ONE arrest (or showing the scumbags the hard way their acts are not going to be tolerated anymore), put them in jail and throw the key. For the "price" of a Garda you keep safely into prison five (number taken out of thin air) retards which are not going to cause any more harm, and that is going to send a clear message to the rest.

And if you look at 2012 budget, you will see a big part of it spent in "welfare", and out of it, a noticeable part of it is going directly to finance those bastards and their (bastard) families. Cut or suppress benefits to all those who commit fraud or commit crimes, and budget would me much closer to surplus than by any cutback or tax increase the governments have shoved down the taxpayer's throat in the last five years.

Want more Garda on the streets? Pay them with the benefits those assholes shouldn't have ever received and that they are not entitled to when behaving as criminals. But the problem, of course, is the germans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dardhal wrote: »
    What good is having more Gardai on the streets, if the most they can do it put the scumbags our of the area for as long as "Justice" wants (which, when dealing with "children", tends to be for days, if at all)?

As I said, it only takes ONE single arrest to return the streets in the area to their legitimate owners, which is families and businesses. Only ONE arrest (or showing the scumbags the hard way their acts are not going to be tolerated anymore), put them in jail and throw the key. For the "price" of a Garda you keep safely into prison five (number taken out of thin air) retards which are not going to cause any more harm, and that is going to send a clear message to the rest.

And if you look at 2012 budget, you will see a big part of it spent in "welfare", and out of it, a noticeable part of it is going directly to finance those bastards and their (bastard) families. Cut or suppress benefits to all those who commit fraud or commit crimes, and budget would me much closer to surplus than by any cutback or tax increase the governments have shoved down the taxpayer's throat in the last five years.

Want more Garda on the streets? Pay them with the benefits those assholes shouldn't have ever received and that they are not entitled to when behaving as criminals. But the problem, of course, is the germans.

As in 'the Irish government rather doing, what Germany wants them to do, but not looking after it's own people'?

• Advertisement

exactly but some people dont seem to understand this, its not rocket science the recent surge in crime in dublin, the solution is alot more complex. I am not paid a huge salary to work out these problems but that is what the government and TDs are supposed to do, to justify their extra cushy pay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement