Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The scum in this city.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I'm looking after this guy in a wheelchair, he lives in an apartment complex off Clanbrassil Street. Just back home from work last night (around 9:45), when he rang me. Some (insert name) kicked his front door in and legged it out.

The whole apartment complex in full of CCTV, electronic gates with codes and all that stuff, but what makes these (insert name) so desperate?

Am going back to him now, the Gardai will send a Crime Investigation Squad down to us, but I can say one thing: It's just highly annoying that these (insert name) can't even leave people in a wheelchair alone.

And that (insert name) can thank his lucky stars, that I was not around :mad:

Last month here in Limerick a disabled kid in secondary school had his wheelchair stolen from his doorstep and it was found in bits, no wheels on it and totally destroyed....disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

jay92 wrote: »
    Last month here in Limerick a disabled kid in secondary school had his wheelchair stolen from his doorstep and it was found in bits, no wheels on it and totally destroyed....disgusting

Whoever does things like that, has no dignity whatsoever :mad:

The guy, I'm looking after, is just after realizing, that his life was in danger and that he was very lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

jay92 wrote: »

They took the wheels for use on a ****en sulky..

charlemont wrote: »
    They took the wheels for use on a ****en sulky..

Really? I hope, they got into a road accident and sit in wheelchairs themselves now.

Sorry, but I can't find any positive feelings for those, who think they are heroes, when they cause harm to people with disabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Whoever does things like that, has no dignity whatsoever :mad:

That's the problem. These people don't have any dignity, nor remorse, nor respect, nor breeding, nor education. But they don't care. People are always so shocked and horrified when they hear these stories but it shouldn't shock us. The people who beat up others for enjoyment aren't like me and you and there's very little chance they'll ever see things from our point of view. Their world is totally different to ours (mostly because of a ****ty upbringing, and that's unfortunate).

Our civilized (perhaps naive) way of dealing with the scum in Dublin doesn't work. We can all agree on that. I think we need to divide crime into two categories, violent and non-violent. We should come down very very hard on violent criminals - proper, unpleasant prisons, forced labour, the works. And before any human-rights activists jump on this I'd just like to say that if you don't act like a human we shouldn't treat you like one. Relishing violence against fellow human beings is unnatural and people like that should not be living side-by-side with us.

• Advertisement

And for me, that kind of behavior starts early, by not facing appropriate consequences.

I had stuff been thrown at the windows, kids trying to push me off the bike, all sorts of things. I had a word with the parents, all I heard was stuff like 'Ah sure, they are only kids' or 'Ah sure, all kids are like that'.

FFS, a child, who does not respect another person's well being or property, will not do that as an adult either :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

FFS, a child, who does not respect another person's well being or property, will not do that as an adult either :mad:

Some of them never have a chance from the get go.

Have you heard the way some "parents" speak to thier kids? "Fooking wanker " this "and shurrup ya stupid cnut" that.

Kids are like sponges..they soak up and remember everything..if they have no sense of how to address somebody in the home they're hardly going to watch thier Ps and Qs in school...a reason a lot of them cant face school...that and being sent out with no breakfast in the mornings because the parents are asleep or have drank the food money.

The reason these kids "dont respect another person's property" is because they have no concept of property..anything they have can be taken off them at a moments notice..they're often getting moved from one accomadation to another so they cant even get used to the room they sleep in..objects are grabbed out of thier hands and they will grab objects out of people's hands because they were never taught any better.

To say nothinng of the sorts of sights they're exposed to,casual violence,domestic battery,police constantly calling round,drug use and drug sealling,constant drinking,theft etc etc.

It boils down to this..some peopel just arent fit to have children and they should be taken into care as soon as this becomes apparant...its not ideal but letting kids stay with scumbags is tantamount to condeming them to alife of crime before they've even started walking!

frankosw wrote: »

Have you heard the way some "parents" speak to thier kids? "Fooking wanker " this "and shurrup ya stupid cnut" that.

Kids are like sponges..they soak up and remember everything..if they have no sense of how to address somebody in the home they're hardly going to watch thier Ps and Qs in school...a reason a lot of them cant face school...that and being sent out with no breakfast in the mornings because the parents are asleep or have drank the food money.

The rason these kids "dont respect another person's property" is bacause they have no concept of property..anything they have can be taken off them at a moments notice..they're often getting movved from one accomadation to another so they cant even get used to the room they sleep in..objects are grabbed out of thier hands and they will grab objects out of people's hands because they were never taught any better.

To say nothinng of the sorts of sights they're exposed to,casual violence,domestic battery,police constantly calling round,drug use and drug sealling,constant drinking,theft etc etc.

It boils down to this..some peopel just arent fit to have children and they should be taken into care as soon as this becomes apparant...its not ideal but letting kids stay with scumbags is tantamount to condeming them to alife of crime before they've even started walking!

A child, 11 or 12 years of age approx. should well know the difference between the house, he/she is living in, and a house, someone else is living in.

And those kids, I'm talking about, are living in the estate for ages, they are not being moved around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

A child, 11 or 12 years of age approx. should well know the difference between the house, he/she is living in, and a house, someone else is living in.

Sure they know the difference..they just havnt been taught to care.

Sure they know the difference..they just havnt been taught to care.

Which then leaves us in some vicious circle...parents not being able or willing to bring their kids up in a decent way, schools not providing the appropriate system, laughable penalties for young offenders...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Complete scum sorry to hear that op, same thing happened to myself and a friend a few weeks ago albeit not kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

So, we all agree the current way of dealing with this kind of people doesn't remotely work. There is quite a consensus that this has been going for ages, and most think the problem is children being raised by their uncaring, antisocial, drunk / drugged / whatever parents, which mostly only have children to get increasing benefits, but don't f-word care about them, harass, insult, etc. their own children, and actively or passively teach them to behave...like they do.

It seems the "only" thing we need if to break the circle ONCE. It is not the only thing, but it may be that longer term the most successful approach is to prevent further generations being born from those kind of people. Or, if that approach is not to the liking of the many people that think tackling crime can be done by being naive, withdrawing the newborns from their parents if their parents are deemed to be unsuitable. These "orphans" would have to be taken care by the authorities, with the huge cost to the taxpayer (and the enormous problem for the children themselves) that means. Of course, no additional "per child" benefits to be spent of booze, shots, car tuning, etc.

That, and binding benefits to household criminal records, so if anyone on the family commits a crime, benefits for the whole family are reduced or suppressed, could make a difference medium and longer term. And, of course, there has to be a change in perception: if crime goes unpunished, there is no deterrent to it. Those with nothing in life but the excitement of crashing others' heads and wreaking havoc if feel those acts can mean imprisonment (and not some kind of indoors paid vacation),may think twice before doing it again.

This day to day crime is what people is worried about, not the latest Kenny speech to get some relief from the German overlords, which is the end, if empty and servers no purpose other than self motivating a lost government, who (as most current governments) don't give sh1te about anything else but staying in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The reason these kids "dont respect another person's property" is because they have no concept of property..anything they have can be taken off them at a moments notice..they're often getting moved from one accomadation to another so they cant even get used to the room they sleep in..objects are grabbed out of thier hands and they will grab objects out of people's hands because they were never taught any better.

Thank you, seriously, for that concise and informative post.

It describes the main source of the problem really well. Even with the greater, more focussed powers that the state may someday have as a result of the recent referendum (providing it is not overturned.. but if it is, maybe the result of a re-run will be the same), can we ever really expect that these children will be rescued by the state? It might be better to simply send them to Germany as refugees, where they might have an opportunity of a decent future.

We are so far off-topic that I will stop now...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Firstly, I just want to echo sentiments for the boys.

Hope they all recover well.

I think this problem stems from a culture of ignorance towards rules and regulations in Ireland.

We've been reared in a nation which ignores laws. Whether that be not forking out the household tax, not ensuring your car's NCT is up to date or an unpaid TV licence. It's rife.

We have people scamming the dole, others turning a blind eye, half the country had dodgy boxes for a few years and the malaise will continue until the police are granted the authority to deal with these issues properly.

It gives the ill-disciplined youth a platform for which crimes like above can occur.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nonsense.

There is no correlation with things like the household charge, TV licence and the social problems in this country. Some people have good reason not to pay these charges but don't go around harassing old women on the street or breaking into houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

I'm living in the city ctr for the the last 48 years also born there and agree its a livining hellhole, I was doing a bit photography at the ha, penny bridge a few weeks back and a shower of teenagers about 20 male & female were drinking on the boardwalk and were giving me nothing but abuse and threats, I moved on because I felt they were going to attack me...

Sorry to hear about your son OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Caught a lad trying to pickpocket an elderly womans purse outside Trinity on College Green at about 7pm this evening.Shouted at the guy as he was putting his hand in her handbag and he ran off,not before the lady gave him a good belt of her umbrella.She was very shaken up,at least he didn't get anything though.

He was tanned/foreign looking,5'5 and wearing wine tracksuit bottoms and top,and had an empty McDonalds coffee cup in his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 buzybee

I see some people with sheets of paper asking for money to sponsor their run/walk from nowhere to nowhere. Is that a new beggars trend?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

dardhal wrote: »
    Wow, I think the scumbags that sent those children to hospital and put their lives in danger are now shaking in pain thinking about they having no future and the OP's son and the other nice guys end up having a degree an a nine to five job ten years from now. It shocks me big time how can some people be so naive and can't understand a bit about what goes in the "mind" of those scumbags.

Know what? Scumbags don't care sh1t about their own lives, how could the care about others' ones? They more than know there is nothing for them along the road but progressing from what they are now to professional and increasingly dangerous criminals. And they absolutely like it, they laugh out loud at your naiveness about good people having a future. They DO have a future, even if you don't like it. And know what? You are happily paying for their current and future "achievements" in the criminal world by letting them spend your hard earned money via unlimited government grants , subsidies, benefits and rent allowances.

What is "funny" (read "astonishing") is that NONE of the parents in the area, and it looks like this is not the only incident that have happened, and most likely the aggressors are the same bunch of retards have done NOTHING about it. Neighbor patrol anyone? It only takes one pissed father for the scumbags to stop, it seems we the good people are stupid enough to still trust the authorities for this kinds of stuff. The Garda needs only put out of the streets the guys ONCE, and they will no longer be a problem to the taxpayers. I guess the Gardai just don't care about their job more than the regular Joe cares about his own: don't get into trouble, and get the paycheck, rinse, repeat.

You are mixing apples to oranges here (or apples to bricks, that are even more unlike each other). Have the authorities done anything about this problem prior to 2009, or is it that scumbags, knackers, open air drug dealing and the likes in downtown Dublin have appeared all at once overnight after the former government gave up and asked for a bailout?

There are LOTS of things to be done. Bastards do mostly what is "free" for them to do. If destroying property bears no punishment, they will continue having fun doing so. If harassing and kicking the hell out of normal people goes unpunished, they will keep doing so. They see ZERO risk in doing what they do, as do their parents. They don't fear the authorities, which are like puppies when dealing with day to day crime. And they absolutely aren't afraid of the vast majority of us, who are simply normal people struggling to make a happy living.

I may not be the best person in the world, but if a son of mine was hit hard by those pieces of crap, and my son could no longer hit the street on panic to be hit again (and this is going to happen to those poor guys to a certain extent no matter what), I know of a bunch of idiots that would had a try at some big piece of wood, well in their mouths. Just for them to make sure no aggression goes unpunished. Would those morons dear to try and hit a handful of rugby player-sized lads? I'm sure they wouldn't, they are criminals, but they are not THAT stupid.

A brutal aggression like the ones reported are very serious criminal acts and should end with all the scumbags involved behind bars for a long minimum time (10 years). This is not "I was young and influenced by bad companies, and I took 50€ worth of booze from a store while the tender wasn't looking". This is a whole different story. Those assholes don't have any consideration for peoples lives and welfare, they should be put out of society for long enough for them to behave. If they don't ever behave, they shouldn't ever be released.

Another thing to do is linking household benefits to criminal records: any of the household members commits a crime, benefits are reduced or suppressed altogether. That would be a huge driving factor towards scumbag-like families trying to make their children behave. One thing is the taxpayers shelling money big time for them to live on the dole/RA/whatever, and a very different thing is they use OUR money to crush our children's skulls, break our cars' windows and mirrors, or enter our homes and take everything valuable with them.

Societies are a result of the people living in them, if you (we) in Ireland have decided that it is more important to let scumbags rule the street rather than return the street to families and children, so be it. Keep big locks on doors and windows, buy your child an X-Box, and stay indoors to enjoy your 30-year variable-rate mortgage on a house that isn't worth a fraction of the price you paid.

What experience do you have with scumbags may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Ironman76 wrote: »
    What experience do you have with scumbags may I ask?

I don't know anything about this guy but I think we can all agree that a lot of what he said is true. You'd swear you need a degree in criminology to understand these scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

buzybee wrote: »
    I see some people with sheets of paper asking for money to sponsor their run/walk from nowhere to nowhere. Is that a new beggars trend?

Scam scam scam, anyone looking for you to sponsor anything is going to be a scam unless you know the person asking directly don't hand over a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

I don't know anything about this guy but I think we can all agree that a lot of what he said is true. You'd swear you need a degree in criminology to understand these scumbags.

Wasnt expecting my post (which was merely offering a bit of support to a fellow poster) to be dissected. Anyway Ive loads of stories and experience about scumbags and how they turn out and how they live etc. Its not pretty. I grew up next to a corpo estate and when I left home I lived in one of the rougher areas for a two years, seen some mad **** there. The younger scummers think its a great life but trust me its no picnic later in life for some.

Completely agree with the second point though, cant depend on the Gardai anymore. Neighborhoods pulling together is the way to go alright, of course the Gardai would be around in a flash to stop that though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

JosDel wrote: »
    I'm living in the city ctr for the the last 48 years also born there and agree its a livining hellhole, I was doing a bit photography at the ha, penny bridge a few weeks back and a shower of teenagers about 20 male & female were drinking on the boardwalk and were giving me nothing but abuse and threats, I moved on because I felt they were going to attack me...

Sorry to hear about your son OP

Agree mostly with what's affecting you, I think Dublin's a bit unique as regards it's size and the proximity of certain down at heel areas to the centre, particularly the north city centre which means these types can just put their runners on, stroll into town and have the run of the place, factor in also that these methadone clinics are all in town as well.

Don't live in Dublin at the moment, but before I left I encountered a load of kids no older than 10 giving the Asian security chap in Supervalu on Aston Quay no end of grief, both verbally and knocking over a load of shopping baskets and throwing them around.

Yob culture used to be somewhat looked down upon in Ireland as boorish and moronic, sadly this is no longer the case

dd972 wrote: »
    Agree mostly with what's affecting you, I think Dublin's a bit unique as regards it's size and the proximity of certain down at heel areas to the centre, particularly the north city centre which means these types can just put their runners on, stroll into town and have the run of the place, factor in also that these methadone clinics are all in town as well.

Don't live in Dublin at the moment, but before I left I encountered a load of kids no older than 10 giving the Asian security chap in Supervalu on Aston Quay no end of grief, both verbally and knocking over a load of shopping baskets and throwing them around.

Yob culture used to be somewhat looked down upon in Ireland as boorish and moronic, sadly this is no longer the case

As always, no appropriate sanctions available? That guy is only doing his job, no matter, if he is Irish or not. The parents of those little wan**** should have a word with them, but they don't, I suppose :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Ironman76 wrote: »

Completely agree with the second point though, cant depend on the Gardai anymore. Neighborhoods pulling together is the way to go alright, of course the Gardai would be around in a flash to stop that though :rolleyes:

This neighbourhoods pulling together isn't this avocading illegal activity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

dd972 wrote: »

I'd be in favour of an 8PM curfew for under 16s (unless accompanied by an adult) in the central commercial area. It's just embarrassing seeing gangs of inner city kids walking around late at night like something out of the developing world. They're only going to cause trouble for themselves and the public and have zero legitimate reasons to be roaming around.

latenia wrote: »
    I'd be in favour of an 8PM curfew for under 16s (unless accompanied by an adult) in the central commercial area. It's just embarrassing seeing gangs of inner city kids walking around late at night like something out of the developing world. They're only going to cause trouble for themselves and the public and have zero legitimate reasons to be roaming around.

We have those curfews in Germany for ages. Usually, you mess with them once, but not more. And they are not restricted to commercial areas, btw.

It might help in Ireland as well, maybe some parents wake up and get a reminder to bring up their offspring in a decent and respectable manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

the last thing those type of parents want is their kids handed to them at 8pm at night to look after

they were brought into this world to gain cash of the government, the actual up bringing and care for them is not high on their list

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Link anti-social behaviour, non-attendance at school, non-attendance at hospital appointments etc. to social welfare payments.

Run, rabbits, run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

dardhal wrote: »
    So, we all agree the current way of dealing with this kind of people doesn't remotely work.

It seems the "only" thing we need if to break the circle ONCE. It is not the only thing, but it may be that longer term the most successful approach is to prevent further generations being born from those kind of people. Or, if that approach is not to the liking of the many people that think tackling crime can be done by being naive, withdrawing the newborns from their parents if their parents are deemed to be unsuitable.

That, and binding benefits to household criminal records, so if anyone on the family commits a crime, benefits for the whole family are reduced or suppressed, could make a difference medium and longer term.

This day to day crime is what people is worried about, not the latest Kenny speech to get some relief from the German overlords, which is the end, if empty and servers no purpose other than self motivating a lost government, who (as most current governments) don't give sh1te about anything else but staying in power.

The "Mickey Money" is the largest part of the problem here imho. It is giving people who cannot afford children an incentive to have them anyway. It should be on a sliding scale, the first will get full benefit, the second 50% and an occurence of a violent crime or drug offence will result in removal of the dependents and sterilisation of the parents.
    There are a few generations in this country that are being dragged up by absolute low-life parents with no concept of how a child needs to be nurtured and educated to have a chance of being anything better than the scumbag that bore them.

There are a few exception to the general trend, where a kid rises out of the train wreck they were reared in and manages to make good. A poor upbringing usually makes a kid tough, but at the same time reduces the chances of escape from the cycle.

Unfortunately, the complete lack of vision and social understanding from the gubberment will inevitably lead to the mickey money being kept on as a shining success while pensions get slashed or stashed (btw, does anyone know of a grandparent who would let their grandkids go without?)

the whole situation melts my head

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement