Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shop (LIDL) at Triangle (Ranelagh Village)

Options
  • 09-11-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Just spotted today big construction site works (unfortunately my camera's battery got dead). There is Planning ref. number 4913/08, authors Douglas Wallace Architects. Proposed elevation:triangle02.jpg

and just in case how it was looks like (ex-existing elevation):

triangle01.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Is there going to be parking? If so, it's not a bad idea. It's better than the row of empty shops. If only Jason's had never shut down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I bet Superquinn aren't too happy with this news!

Oh well, in Rathgar the Superquinn saw off the Spar so that's the way it goes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Will there now be trucks unloading stock on both sides of the road during the morning rush hour? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

How do you know it's lidl? Are there signs up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Will there now be trucks unloading stock on both sides of the road during the morning rush hour? :(

Presumably the delivery trucks will have to reverse up Chelmsford Close like te Heineken delivery lorry servicing Russell's on the Google maps street view. Entirely possible that little consideration was given to this by corpo planning people as seems to be a recipe for disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Well - my apologies for calling gossips as facts, I just heard from some local person there it will be Lidl. But anyway - 700sqm Retail Area means problems for Superquin whoever it will be. More documents are on Dublin Council website ( 4913/08 ).

It was due to be a m&s before. Not sure if they are going to still take it. There is a lidl in Rathmines and they are building one in terenure too, so not sure if they would need another one, never know they seem to be popping up all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I heard Ken Doherty been interviewed months ago about his life and Jasons etc. He mentioned then that Lidl were going in there. That's at least 3 months ago I heard that.

I guess it's a sign of the times alright m&s to lidl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Lidl confirmed :D. There are Lidl boards up at the devlopment. Ranelagh badly needs a cheaper supermarket so glad its not M&S, will save me having to trek down to Rathmines and carrying shopping back :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Any opening date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Tesco Express also opening in Ranelagh

From Times, Jan 16th:

The scramble for new trading opportunities in the south Dublin suburbs continues with Tesco Express the latest to land a new store in Ranelagh.

The British multiple has agreed to lease the former Lenehans hardware store on Main Street where it will be paying a rent of €50,000 for the ground floor area which extends to 278sq m (2,992 sq ft). A planning application to enlarge the store was turned down. Jason Miller handled the negotiations for the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

When did Lenehans ever have a place in Ranelagh?

Advertisement