Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Can I ask you to test a game??

• 09-11-2012 12:48am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello!

We set up Boards from gamers (nearly 13 years ago... holy sh*t :eek:) and now I'm going back to games (cos I'm addicted to them :))

I've created a mobile game (my first) and I think its pretty great. But what do I know :)
    It works on iPhone, iPad and Android (phone and tablets)

If you would agree to test it for me, please mail testing @ gonegaming.ie
    We'll send you the links to get it. Just let us know if you have an iOS or Android device, or both in the mail.

All you have to do is install the game, and play it. No forms, no nothing, just play it as much as you like. (Of course we would LOVE your feedback too!)

Its a hard game to describe but its fast and 3d and you avoid stuff in a car.
    We'll give you unlimited in-game coins and my undying thanks. Plus more coins. :)

BTW the game has a soundtrack by DJ Poet from The Black Eye Peas. So, eh, yeah. We're very proud of that :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sent mail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sounds good! (except the Black Eyed Peas bit :p)

Email sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Email sent, I can test on a galaxy nexus and nexus 7 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

mail sent also

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mail sent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Email sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Mail sent

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

God you lot are fncking awesome, I thought it was going to be just me and like, my mum testing this :)

Have about a dozen email already but the more the merrier... we wont turn anyone away!

I'll send you all a mail tomorrow , or maybe over the weekend, about what will happen now. Should be quite straight forward.... (I hope.... *excited* :) )

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'll email there in a bit :)

Also, who is 'we'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

DeVore wrote: »
    Hello!

We set up Boards from gamers (nearly 13 years ago... holy sh*t :eek:) and now I'm going back to games (cos I'm addicted to them :))

I've created a mobile game (my first) and I think its pretty great. But what do I know :)

We'll send you the links to get it.

All you have to do is install the game, and play it. No forms, no nothing, just play it as much as you like. (Of course we would LOVE your feedback too!)

We'll give you unlimited in-game coins and my undying thanks. Plus more coins. :)

BTW the game has a soundtrack by DJ Poet from The Black Eye Peas. So, eh, yeah. We're very proud of that :)

DeV.

Boards is a discussion site. You're not allowed to use it for these purposes. You should be in prison right now dealing with Gordons wit....

(it's ipod touch compatible I assume? Email will be sent later when I'm home from work).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mail sent there now.

Will test on Galaxy mini and Galaxy tab

(thinly veiled I have a fancy tablet :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Mail sent :)

Looking forward to checking it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mail sent there now.

Will test on Galaxy mini and Galaxy tab

(thinly veiled I have a fancy tablet :pac: )

Will send a mail, can test it on an S3 and Tablet S.

(thinly veiled i've got fancy stuff too! :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

mail sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Sent, can test it on my HTC one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Hello!

We'll send you the links to get it.

DeV.

reported for shilling:pac::pac::pac:

email sent

EDIT:already reported lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mail sent.

I've been around for 9 of those 13 years. Scary :eek:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"We" is me and another Boardsie called KarlH. We've formed a mobile game company cos we both always wanted to make games and this seemed like the best possible time to do it.

Making games is a lot harder than I thought and I thought it would be hard. :O)

I'm gonna write some stuff around the experience/process over the few weeks but you can find our website here http://gonegaming.ie/
    Its just a glorifies holding page but it does have some of the comic art and 3d from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

E-mail sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

E-mail sent also. Hoping for my next time sink.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Mail sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Love the style of the car design on the holding page!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Email sent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Reported for spam... :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Email sent. Also told one of the lads here about it :)
    reported for shilling:pac::pac::pac:
    Reported for spam... :pac::pac::pac:
    T'would be terrible if DeVore abused his mod powers and altered your profile slightly... :pac: :P

It would be disgraceful (*evil grin*)...

And for the smartey panties in question... I wrote to the mods to check it was all kosher :P

So, there's now about 50 testers, woah... ummm, thank you all so much, we'll take anyone else who wants to too! And today, our lead programmer is down with something nasty he picked up in whatever fleshpots he traffics in the evenings. So we're just sorting out test lists, sorting people out into devices, and getting the app ready as best we can without him but it will probably be next Mon/Tues before we release things. We'll be in touch by email. There will be a private forum on Boards too, so we can hang out and chat without bothering the Games forum any further :)
    We'll be in touch by email. Thanks again, its genuinely appreciated.

DeV.

And for the smartey panties in question... I wrote to the mods to check it was all kosher :P
    Sorry DeV had to be done:)

the_syco wrote: »
    T'would be terrible if DeVore abused his mod powers and altered your profile slightly... :pac: :P
    always wanted to be mod of prison for a day(hint hint;);))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Email sent, I can test it on the Galay Ace but if thats too shiite, I can test on my Zenithink c91 tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

sent ;)

Advertisement