Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S3

Options
  • 09-11-2012 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for some help and advice, Bought a Samsuns S3 4 months ago in Cardphone Wharehouse signed 2 year contract with vodafone, and about a month ago it started to have problems charging you could have it plugged in for an hour and you would have less of a charge of battery sometimes it would work ok it would be hit or miss, checked cables removed battery usual sort of things so had a look online alot of people were saying they had same problems they sent them away to be fixed only to have them returned saying water damage all were saying they never got wet. Few were saying its a software problem thats causing it, the previous model was known for this. So i returned it back to them few days ago sales assistant said he has one and same thing has happened to him so he sent it off to be repaired, Just wondering if it comes back and they say its water damaged what are my options because there`s no way it ever got wet and if it did the only thing wrong with it is the charging which is a bit of a joke i know of someone who has a S2 and same thing happened they returned it and said water damage and he would have to pay 150 euro. There`s no way ill pay that already spend 150 to buy it any advice would be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

My first bit of advice would be to use paragraphs!

Moving on to your actual issue - there are strips in phones which show if they've ever got any water damage. Google where they are in your phone and check. If I ever have to send a phone back I take a quick pic of the strip as I see more and more of this on here and I assume its happening due to;

i) shipping
    ii) batteries leaking.

The only thing you can really do if a satisfactory solution is not forthcoming is to take it to the Small Claims Court. Its €25 to do and its a bit dubious where water damage is concerned.

Advertisement